A {RWBY} Sun Wukong Fanfiction

WARNING: This one-shot DOES involve a bit of violence and cussing

You Are My Sunshine

   This story takes place when I was about nine. My mother and I had just moved to Mistral after she and dad had gotten divorced... I didn't blame her. He was a selfish, manipulative idiot... But this isn't about him.

   Anyways, we had just settled into our small house in the small village just outside of the kingdom's capital.

  "Hey, Mama~!" I rushed my way into her new bedroom, which was right down the hall from my own.

   "Yes, Xiao Jiāhou(Little One)?" The blonde-haired figure smiled at me as she folded a yellow sweater.

   "Can I go out and play?" I asked, my monkey tail  swishing expectantly behind me.

   "Did you put away your things?" She asked.

   "Yep!"

   "Then you can." She let out a soft chuckle as her tail reached for a mug that sat on the dresser behind her, "But be home in time for supper!"

   "Okay! Bye, mama!" I called before hurrying out of the house. I had seen children playing ball in a field the day before and wanted to see if they were there again.

   As I ran down the dusty path, letting my little feet carry me as far as they would go, I was overjoyed to hear the laughter of other kids.

   I reached the fence separating my from them and smiled as I counted three children. One was a Small girl with strawberry blonde braids, while the other two were a pair of boys; one was older and taller, with dark hair and freckles and the other was the same age as me, with hair that looked like the ocean.

    "Hey!" I called out, waving to the trio with a grin on my face.

   They turned towards me as I leapt over the wooden structure and practically bounced to them.

   "Who're you?" The girl asked, looking me over as she played with the edge of her pink dress.

   "My name's Sun WuKong!" I beamed, "Nice to meet ya!"

   "Yeah. Okay. /I'm/ Fraise Créme." the girl boasted, "and this is my brother, Foncé."

   The older boy merely frowned.

   "Hi... I'm Neptune Vasilias" The blue haired boy, whis face a light pink, smiled and waved

   "Can I play with you guys?" I asked.

   "Maybe." Fraise scoffed.

   "No way! He's a /Faunus/!" Foncé spoke up and I frowned.

   "So...?" Neptune added, but quickly faltered as the siblings glared at him.

   "Why does it matter if I'm a faunus or not?"

   "Because our mom says Faunus are just lazy freaks who look for any reason to Get treated like they're special." Fraise turned her nose up at me.

   I growled, "That's not true!"

   "Of course it is!" Foncé nodded

   "Guys..." The smaller boy spoke.

   "Shut up, Neptune." The girl growled.

   "Or are you a faunus lover?" Her brother laughed.

   "Leave him alone!" I snapped.

   "What're you gonna do? Huh?" The taller boy towered over me, but I didn't care, "You gonna go cry to your little /whore/ mommy?"