Two|Sides

"I don't see how you can stand her, she's an asshole" My best friend Dinah said as we were seated at our normal lunch table. I let out a sigh as I shook my head, disagreeing with her.

"That's just what you see Dinah" I said as I took a bite of my sandwich, Dinah rolled her eyes and let out a groan.

"She doesn't even sit with you at lunch" Dinah argued as our other three friends made their way towards our table with their lunches in hand. Dinah tore her eyes from me and looked towards our friends who were approaching. "Mani, tell Y/n that Lauren is no good for her" Dinah said as soon as our friends made it to our table.

"Babe why must we go through this everyday? If Y/n wants to be with Lauren then let her" Normani, Dinah's girlfriend said as she sat down. Dinah's jaw slacked open as she was hoping Normani would agree with her.

"You're suppose to be on my side" Dinah said with a small pout as she poked around at her food.

"Sorry love but it's not our business, I may not particularly like Lauren in any way at all but that is Y/n's girlfriend so I've decided to manage" Normani said as she opened up her chips and went away with devouring them, Dinah gave her girlfriend an annoyed look before continuing on with her eating.

" Thank you Mani" I said giving her a thankful look, she gave me a smile in return.

"I have math with Lauren and she may be quiet rude to some of our peers and teachers in the class but there must be something about her that Y/n see's and I trust her judgement" Ally spoke up after a few more moments of Dinah stabbing at her food, Dinah looked up at Ally and gave her a sad nod.

"Just as long as she doesn't hurt our Y/n she's fine by me I guess" Camila said with a smile as she took a bite of her pizza. I gave my friends a grateful smile before looking over to the table that was directly in the middle of the cafeteria, the one where my beautiful girlfriend and her good for nothing friends sat at being loud and obnoxious, probably talking about one of Aj's (a friend of Lauren's who I absolutely do not like) most recent hookups. As I had my eyes trained in that direction Lauren turned to face my direction and we locked eyes for a few second before one of the said good for nothing friends caught on and slapped the back of her head, Lauren quickly snapped her head to glare at the friend who had done it, it had been a boy named Cole who was always saying crude things about our relationship.

"Jauregui whatcha lookin' at?" Cole said rather loudly with a smirk etched on his face.

"What does it matter to you asshole?" Lauren shot back, by now everyone at my table had their attention on Cole and Lauren as did several others from around the room.

"Damn chill Jauregui, I was just messing around" Cole said with his hands up in surrender.

Cole went back to eating while Lauren turned once more to give me one last glance before she did the same.

"I still don't see why you like her" Dinah mumbled, I rolled my eyes.

"Just give it up Dinah" I said before taking another bite of my sandwich.

-

I had finally made it home after a long day at school, I walked up the stairs of my house and made my way to my room.

I saw that my door was cracked open, I shrugged off my backpack and pushed the door open.

When the door swung opened it reveal my beautiful girlfriend curled up on my bed, a smile graced my features right as I saw that it was her.

Lauren was dressed in one of my hoodies and a pair of my sleep shorts, she was curled up under my covers with my little stuffed dog in her arms.

My smile gradually grew as I just took in the sight in front of me.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and opened up the camera app to snap a quick picture of this moment, god she was beautiful.

Her eyes slowly opened and she rolled over to look at me .

"Hey babe" she croaked out and a arm came up to rub her eye.

I have her a big smile which was returned in an instant, I slowly waddled over to her and jumped on top on her, burying my face in her neck. She wrapped her arms around me tightly and placed a soft kiss on the side on my head.

"You miss me?"she said with a soft chuckle. I could feel her stretch out her body beneath me, I lifted up my head and locked eyes with the beautiful girl. She gave me a sleepy smile and god I couldn't resist but to leave kisses all over her face. She let out a cute giggle "I missed you too" she said through her soft laughs.

"How come you were here so early today?" I asked her as I placed one more kiss on her cheek.

"Well uh.. I'm sorry I didn't say anything earlier but after lunch.. I- uh I got suspended.." Lauren said slowly trailing off, looking anywhere but me.

"How did you do that" I said, giving my girlfriend a disapproving look.

"Cole and I fought" Lauren said trying to fight the small smiling crawling on her features. "I had to beat his ass" she said with a more serious tone. "He would shut his mouth and I don't like it when people talk about my girl" she said and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"While I don't like you getting in trouble, I do appreciate you looking after me" I gave her two quick kisses on the lips and gently rubbed our noses together "but my love I don't want you messing up your chances at colleges for me, you got amazing grades and are in the top two percent at school, please stop getting in trouble" I said with a batt of my eyes "for me" I knew she melted right there.

"Anything for you" she said softly .....

—-

End