육.

Well into the afternoon, Seulgi was preparing for the clock to strike and send her on her way

Well into the afternoon, Seulgi was preparing for the clock to strike and send her on her way. Her morning shift was about to end in half an hour, but she couldn't wait to go home—well, Jaebum's home. Her home had a gas leak. Such a nuisance!

At the counter, she was drying cups with a white dish cloth. To pass the time, she was humming a song she heard on the radio while showering. Something about cake. That was the only part that embedded itself to memory.

Naeun joined her, also waiting for her shift to end. "So, how are the living arrangements with the rock star?" She made small talking, knowing her co-worker's current situation.

"When I wake up, he's still asleep. When he wakes up, I'm at work. When I go home, he's at work. When he goes home, I'm asleep," Seulgi illustrated the mundane lifestyle, voice on the brink of death.

"Sounds like the routine of a married couple," chortled Naeun, inspecting Seulgi's magnified reflection in the glass she had wiped clean.

"Funny," Seulgi deadpanned.

Naeun tossed the drying cloth on the counter, then hopped onto the cold surface. The boss wasn't around to emphasize orderly conduct.

Seulgi stared at her quizzically. "What are you doing?"

"I have a question, and I hope you don't think I'm being intrusive."

Rooting a hand on her hip, Seulgi draped the slight damp cloth on her shoulder. "Shoot."

Something told her not to welcome questions so easily, but why not. Naeun was harmless.

"Have you and Jaebum ever been you and Jaebum?" Naeun articulated, speaking with her hands.

Subtly confused and too stubborn to acknowledge what was just asked, Seulgi tipped her head and pursed her lips. "What?"

"You know," Naeun continued to allude, kicking her feet which dangled off the ground. "Have you and Jaebum ever dated?"

"Oh... God no!" Faster than a fired bullet, Seulgi denied, denied, denied the question.

"Like... not even a tiny date?"

Seulgi shook her head. "No! He was only ever my best-friend's boyfriend and ex-boyfriend. He's completely off the market." The thought of dating Jaebum was so far-fetched, but why was her heart pounding?

"You think Suji would have a problem if you and Jaebum ever–"

"Yes and no, Naeun." Seulgi held a hand, then walked away to attend to something else. The counters were littered in specks of sugar.

"I don't really think she has the right, y'know. Considering, she did cheat on him–"

The door to the back rooms and kitchen swung open, revealing Jinyoung, who was tying on his navy striped apron. "Are we talking about Suji?"