untitled

she ran through the huge crowd of moving people as fast her legs could carry her. many of the wizards and witches were apparating out of the chaotic place, but y/n had lost her parents in the huge crowd of yelling people so, she had lost her chance to get out of the place.

there were tents set on fire, witches and wizards injured, their bags lost, families separated and most of them yelling and running frantically. men in black drapes were chanting words and walking in groups from many directions. she knew who they were.

y/n was scared for her life. many questions were running through her mind.

"what if i don't find my parents?"

"what if i can't get out of here?"

"what if i get injured?

"what if they hurt me?"

"what if they capture me?"

"what if die here?"

"what if i never make it out of here?"

"what if-"

her panicking thoughts were silenced as she got forcefully pushed down on the ground by people running by. y/n hit her hand pretty hard and her cheek hit the ground just as hard and she groaned. the girl slowly raised back up to a sitting position and put her palm on the hurting cheek, her eyes squinting in slight pain. she was feeling slightly dizzy and some things in her sight were doubling, including a figure laying on the ground not far from herself.

were they hurt? were they... dead? y/n hurried over to the person on her hands and knees to make sure they were alright. they were a boy, looked around the girl's own age, had glasses on and dark hair which was semi-long. his eyes were closed. was he dead? no, his chest was moving up and down, signalling that he was breathing. was he asleep? sure, people just fall asleep on the ground, y/n, yes. probably somebody pushed him down and he lost consciousness.

there weren't any people around y/n and the unconscious boy, so maybe it was finally safe for her to find her parents. but she needed to help this boy, someone could find him and maybe he would get in trouble or injured or-

he was starting to move, perhaps even waking up again. yes, he was. his eyelids opened slowly, with many blinks before and his stare moved around him frantically. the boy jumped up in a sitting position when he noticed y/n sitting next to him.

his face showed a scared expression. "who are you?" he spoke to the girl.

"uh... i'm y/n, i guess?" she replied. her eyebrows knotted in confusion and she let out a breathy chuckle. "are you okay? you seemed to be out of consciousness."

"w-well," the boy stood up and then extended his arm to help y/n get up, too. she did and kind of waited for the boy to continue. he winced, "my head hurts a bit, but i'm fine."

"that's good, i guess. um, are you-"

y/n would continue, but both she and the boy who's name she still didn't know heard quite a loud scream. their first instinct was to get to the ground and they did, so no one could see them, if anything.

there was a man, afar from y/n and the boy, and he was just walking around the place, kicking a few things around. but then, he stopped, raised his wand and casted out a spell, which sent a greenish-greyish light out above him and something started to appear in the clouds. it was a human skull? with a snake slithering around it.

y/n heard the boy gasp and looked over at him to see him wincing with his hand attached to his forehead. "are you in pain?" y/n whispered in nervousness. what was going here? and who was he?