Chapter 1: I Wanna Be a Doctor

"Match Frappuccino for um... Miss Lillinette?" I took off my earphones and made my way to the barista.

I smiled, "Thank you." I looked up from my phone and brown met azure blue. Holy shit, is he smexy!

Hold on. Bad Lili! You've got exams next week and you can't fail!

"I know I'm hot but you really don't need to stare for that long." He smirked. I blushed a deep shade of red and took my drink then sat back down in front of my laptop. From the corner of my eyes, I caught him looking at me with that gorgeous grin of his. 'Justin' I read on his nameplate.

I smiled. Well at least I know his name now.

~~~

"Hey, you know it's nine o'clock now right?"

"Hello? Earth to Lillinette?" I had my earphones jerked out of my ears.

"What?!" I snapped. I was one last sentence off of finishing my Math assignment.

I saw Justin standing there in all his glory. "Honey, it's nine o'clock. You should go home." My eyes widened. What?!

"You've gotta be kidding me..." I muttered. Look on the bright side, I finished Math at least.

I began to pack up my bags and leave. My parents are gonna be so mad at me. "Do you want me to walk you home?"

Alert! Alert! Major alert! He could be a stalker!

"Hello? We just met, there's no way I'm letting you find out where I live."

He put his hands up as if to surrender. "Ok. I was just saying."

~~~

That was the first time I met Justin, I was seventeen and he was nineteen. Now, I'm twenty and on a plane heading to Melbourne to continue my studying course.

"Passengers, please make your way to your seats and secure your seat-belt. We have met some turbulence."

Honestly, I think that warning was completely useless because guess what. The plane flew right into another plane a second later.

Everything went black for god knows how long until I woke up in a field of red flowers. Like those red flowers from Tokyo ghoul, and boy are they much better seen in person. "Do you like it? I thought you'd match them with your depressing personality."

I jumped in shock at the familiar voice. My eyes widened as I stared up and down at the boy/man with me. "J-justin?"

His blonde hair appeared to be about two shades lighter, now it was a platinum blonde. Maybe it was the atmosphere around us but his azure eyes were more vibrant than ever. He was adorned in a suit and I must say, he looked so fine. The blazer was a nice grey color that had matching pants and vest. His shirt was white and his tie was black, slightly loosened so I could see that choker he always wore.

"Hey, Lillinette. How are you?" His husky voice was laced with worry and concern with a hint of anticipation(?)

I wasn't sure how to reply. One second I was on a plane, watching anime and the next second I'm here... In a field full of flowers with a smexy guy I know as Justin whom I thought was still in Sydney.

"Um... I dunno. Confused, I guess?"

He smiled lightly, "Thought as much. Wanna know what happened."

I glared at him. "Oh no, of course I don't want to know what happened." I replied sarcastically with heaps of sass.

"I'll take that as a yes." I rolled my eyes. "For some reason, I was sent to you two years ago to watch you and make sure nothing happened to you."

"Well guess what. Something did happen, I was on a plane one second and now I'm not so where am I?" I snapped.

"Somewhere," Now, that tells me a lot. Thanks for nothing. "Now hush, I'm telling a story. So I was practically babysitting because there was an unnatural energy that you emitted. In short, you basically attracted death."

I looked at him as if he were crazy. "How the hell does one attract death, Justin?!"

"We're not sure how it's possible but since you attract death, you upset the balance of power. We stayed near you to maintain it."

"We? Who's we?"

"My brother and I. His name's Justice and he doesn't really do anything unless forced so you wouldn't know him." All i could do was nod as he spoke. "Now that you're dead-"

"Wait. What? I'm dead?!" Fear flowed through my veins even though I somehow expected this to happen but what about my PHD? What about my dream of becoming a doctor? Why is this happening to me?

Justin sensed my frustration and enveloped me in a hug. "You're dead, I'm so sorry. If only I'd done my job better..."

I sobbed and whimpered, successfully staining his grey blazer. "FML."

"Well on the bright side, you get to live again."

I looked him in the eye, mine still puffy. "I hope you're not fucking with me because I will punch you." Venom laced my words.

Putting up his hands in resignation (like the first time we'd met), he said, "Woah! Easy there, I'm not joking. It was our fault that you got killed ahead of the time so we're forced to make it up to you."

"And how do you plan on making me 'live again'? Someone can't just be brought back from the dead, you know. And you'd have to be-" I cut myself off. If I'm dead then what are they? "You'd have to be.... angels..."

"Not quite, but I'll let you have it." He grinned. Now I really want to punch him. "Anyways! I think you'll be happy to find out you will be reborn into another world like in those fan fictions you've read."

I scoffed loudly. "Ha. Ha. Very funny. As if something like that would happen in real life..." My life wouldn't be that cliche, right???

"Whatever you believe then. Either way, it's technically my choice not yours."

"Huh?"

The scenery changed and I was transported to the edge of a cliff. I looked down in fear but all I could see was a pitch black void.

"See ya around, Lillinette!"

What?

With that final thought in my mind, I was kicked off the edge of the cliff and into the abyss. I squinted my eyes and braced myself for impact.

~~~

I HOPE Y'ALL LIKED THE FIRST CHAPTER! IF YOU DID, YOUR COMMENTS AND VOTES WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU!