Chapter Two - I think you're the Diplomat's son

"If I wait, could I forgive myself?"

--
My eyes blinked ahead with slight confusion but I replied with a hint of joy, "I'm doing g-great. Thank you." Vincent then proceeded to nod his head and then took a look at everyone as he reclined back.

"I guess you guys all made it in," He chuckled and then glanced to his side. Nolan bit his lower lip as if he was unsatisfied. "Most of the time these internet meet-ups never work, but I'm somewhat glad that everything ended well," Nolan stated with such obvious suspicion towards us but perhaps since he allowed us in, it meant something.

"So, you guys gonna show us the place or what?" James smirked and pointed toward his luggage by his side.

"Yes, please." Clarissa batted her eyelashes, although with no hint of puppy eyes. She brushed away a stray curl of ruby hair behind her ear and looked at the tenants with the little patience she had gleaming in her gray eyes.

"Oh my god, you guys. Chillll~," Vincent reached his hand into his winter coat's pocket. He took out four keys; each one had different colored tabs. Pink, Blue, Green, and Red. He slid a key to each one of us.

James had gotten the blue key; Clarissa received the red key; Yong picked up his green key and placed it in his pocket; and I, well, I got the pink one.

"Once we get to the house, make sure to write your guy's names down on the little tab thingy, okay?" Vincent stood up from his chair and looked down at all of us with his amazing height of probably 6'2". Everyone nodded, slightly amazed of how gigantic Vincent was despite his somewhat childish demeanor.

Everyone proceeded to stand up and grab their things and luggage. As I stood up, the sprinkling of rain slowly transcended into little snow flakes. I placed my hand outward to catch the little flakes, but inevitably, they melted in the palm of my sweaty hand.

"At least you tried," Vincent said to my right ear as he passed by. I turned back to look at him and he raised a peace sign up with a grin. Nolan passed by me and apologized, "Sorry, he's a special case of...stupid?" I couldn't help but laugh after I heard that.

I spinned around and followed the group who were now my new roommates. What was awaiting for us all? I wondered if they could be the first friends I ever had in my whole entire eighteen years of my life. But, it's too early to say.

We were all jumbled up at the front of Pine Dine's parking lot. There was only several cars parked there, and all the guys seemed to own one of the cars there. James had a matte black Civic Honda, which sort of fit with his whole douche look. Although, I doubt James was sincerely a douche. Yong had a blue Suburu Impreza, which he slid into the front seat waiting for the rest of us.

Clarissa and I awkwardly stood there as everyone was getting in their cars. Before Vincent got into the front seat of his white Nissan Rogue, he gave us a questioning look. Nolan sat in the passenger seat bored out of his mind when he saw Vincent peak his head out the window.

"You guys don't have a ride?" He asked.

"No, I walked," Clarissa stated with her eyes slightly narrowing.

"I took a bus here," I rose my hand and then lowered it after I finished talking.

Then, Vincent beckoned us over with a finger. Clarissa and I both looked at each other, and then we shrugged in unison.

We walked towards the squeaky clean car and Vincent opened the side door for us to get in. Clarissa slid in first, and then I went second. Vincent handed us our luggage when we finally settled in our seats. He did a quick wave at us and then shut the door.

Vincent reappeared again in the front seat turning on the car while Nolan nagged him about buckling his seatbelt.   I never heard the click of his seatbelt but he already was driving off.

I could see in the other guys trailing behind us through the side view mirror.  It didn't take long for us to reach our destination; the boarding house was located in the outskirts of the Outback. We entered a residential area with tall, modern terraced styled houses lined up through the street.