~Prologue, Letter #1~

~Minerva's POV~

I sighed walking into Albus' old ruined office with rubble scattered throughout the room, I shook my head walking to the desk to see a small stack of letters. They were held together by a red and gold ribbon, my brows creased as I picked​ them up taking the first letter titled Dear you.

You,

Congrats you found my letters, sadly these letters mean that I've died in the war. If you were close to me I'm sorry this bourdon has been placed upon you, however these letters need to be delivered. If you happen to be one of my closest friends, I'm sorry that you had to be the one to find these. However this gives you the chance to go through these letters and take the ones that belong to you. Just know that you might not like all that I have to say.

Love,

Hermione Jean Granger.

I let out a shaky breath as tears came to my eyes, I looked at the small stack of letters letting my fingers trace over them looking for one in particular. I soon came across one with my name on it and sighed with a small sad smile. I knew that she wouldn't forget about me, she was after all one of my favorites, I opened the letter and smiled.

Professor,

I knew you'd be the one to find my letters, I also knew that you'd be the new headmistress​ of the school, I'm so happy for you. I know that you're sad right now, and that what I've asked of you is not an easy task. Just know that you were always my favorite and that I had hoped that when this was over I'd step up as the transfiguration professor. Sadly the world had other plans for me, I wish that things could be different but I know that it was my time. I wish you luck in this task and hope that you understand how hard this all is for me.

Your student,

Hermione Jean Granger.

I sighed with tears still in my eyes as I picked up the letters and walked out of the office starting my task.

*AN- Hey everyone, thank you for choosing my book, I don't know how good it'll be and it might be a bit sad. I'm sorry for that, however wish me luck on trying something new, love you all and hope you enjoy, Letters from Her.*