Are You Mine?

Summary: (Y/N) has a panic attack around the guys, so Adam takes her back to thehotel.

After a long day of work at Ring of Honor, you, Adam, Kenny and the Young Bucks decided to head to a bar and just relax a bit before heading to the hotel.

You've been friends with them ever since you joined the company as a backstage assistant, and they had your back since that very same day. You hang out together plenty of times, and always have so much fun, they're great people and you truly love them.

Especially Adam, but you always pushed back on those feelings. How could a man like him love a woman like you? He just wouldn't go for someone like you.

You've been at the bar for half an hour now. The environment was calm and relaxing, all of you engaged in conversations with each other as you drank a couple of beers. But it all changed when you got up to go the bathroom.

Once you were inside your bathroom cabinet, you heard the door open, followed by the sound of heels clicking on the floor. Clearly, some girls got in as well and you could hear them talk. Those bitches.

You felt your breath get aggravated as well as your heart pace quicken as you started to understand what and whom they were going on about. You.

"A girl, an average one, I might add, in between those many Greek God type of men? Poor her, probably got friendzoned by all of them." One said, and you could almost hear the smirk in her lips.

"Yeah, probably just one of the guys." The other one replied, laughing. You tried to not let them get into you, but it was practically an impossible mission.

You were always an anxious, insecure girl, you just couldn't help it. You're nothing special and you're very aware of that fact, and you really didn't need some girls who didn't know you from literally anywhere to make judgements about you.

They kept on chatting for a couple of minutes, and for that exact time, you sat quietly, rocking yourself back and forth to avert your thoughts and your hearing from them.

Finally, you hear the door closing and the bathroom is quiet again. You take a couple of deeps breaths, trying to calm down and look minimally okay so you can go back to the table, because they're already worried about you for sure.

You take a glance at your reflection in the mirror, averting it right away, as you couldn't even bring yourself to face your own self. You inhale deeply before heading out again.

You can feel your hands shaking, and your eyes burning as you walk towards the guys. You finally reach it, sitting down besides Adam, who nudges you with his elbow softly, a questioning look on his face. Instead of saying something, you just fake smile at him, hoping he'll let it go, but he knows you better.

The other guys shared a couple of looks but Adam shoot them a warning one, so no one said anything. Thankfully, they kept on talking and it worked on distracting you. For a while.

Adam let you off the hook for a couple of minutes, but when you started to zone out, nursing the beer in your shaking hands, completely oblivious of what was going on around you, he snapped you out of it.

"What's going on, (Y/N)? You can tell me, really." Adam asks softly, getting closer to you and tucking a strand of hair behind your ear.

You can't bring yourself to speak once again. Instead, you feel your chest starting to tighten, having trouble breathing and tears threatening to spill from your eyes. Good. Just what you needed now. A panic attack.

The guys are staring at you, not knowing what to do, as Adam tries to make sense of what was going on but you can't make out what he's saying. Until you finally get some control over yourself again.