~Chapter Four~

Mairin's POV~~~

I walked into Alain's small home. It was very well organized and cozy. There were a few Pokemon running around. There were Skitty and Munchlax.

"Here, I'll take your coat." Alain offered. I took off my coat and gave it to him, which he hung on a coat hanger.

"I really like your home." I commented. "Heh, thanks" he replied as he knelt down to pet a Skitty. The Skitty leaned against his leg and began to purr. I couldn't help but smile.

"Do you have a job or something?" I asked. "Well..sorta. I work for my father, who is the Professor of Kalos. I take in sick Pokemon and cure them. I get paid–which is good." Alain replied. "It must be nice to have an easy life." I sighed. "What do you mean?" Alain questioned.

"Being a princess is horrible. Especially if you're becoming queen and being forced to marry someone you don't want to marry." I looked at him. "I feel really, really bad for you..that's never happened to me." He said. "Yeah–" I was interrupted by my phone buzzing. "Hold on, let me take this" I said and stood up.

"Hello?"
"Mairin! Are you okay? You were supposed to be here hours ago!" Serena panicked.
"Sorry..I bumped into the guy and kinda got sidetracked." I said.
Serena sighed, then began to whisper, "So..is he a hottie?"
I blushed. "Serena!"
"Hehe okay. Just make sure to meet up at my place sometime!" She said.
"Yup!" I replied.
"Bye-Bye!"
"Bye"

I hung up. "Sorry, that was my friend Serena." "Serena? As in Serena Yvoone?" Alain asked. Wait–how did he know my best friend's name?! "Umm..yes. How do you know?!" I was shocked. "Our parents are good friends. I only see her a couple times a year, since she's busy with performances." Alain explained. "Wow.." I said.

"We should probably clean that Swablu." Alain said. "Definitely." I replied.

~~~~~~

I put on some rubber gloves as Alain turned on the bath. "We're going to wash up the Swablu." He said. "Okay. Do you want me to hold it or something?" I asked. "That's exactly what!" He smiled. His smile was so...amazing..like it lit up my world..

I plopped in the Swablu, who observed the bathtub. "Okay buddy, lets wash ya up!" Alain squirted some soap and began rubbing Swablu gently. The Swablu squirmed, then settled down and cooed.

"Alright, I'm going to rinse her. I want you to cover her eyes so soap doesn't get into it." Alain said. I nodded and covered her eyes. Swablu cooed with happiness as Alain rinsed her. "Okay." He said and I uncovered her eyes.

Alain picked up a towel and laid it out. "Can you put her on the towel please?" Alain asked. "Sure." I picked up the Swablu and gently set it on the towel. Alain grabbed the ends and wrapped up it up. "You did good for a princess. I thought you'd get mad when you got water on your dress, but look at you." He chuckled. "Yeah, I'm not one with properness." I replied.

Alain smiled and stood up. "Let's take her to my lab so we can see if she has any cuts or infections." "Okay!"

Alain seems like a really nice and sweet guy...