It's All Lies, Darling.

A/N: Hello. It's been a while.
I wrote this insane story when I was very young so there are a lot of errors as it has remained unedited for years. I wanted to put it back up while I decide if I want to rewrite it all again or just leave it be as a nostalgic piece. I hope it brings back memories to anyone who read it back in 2015 when I had it up, or for anyone new who needs something crazy to delve into late at night.

For my hardcore people, this one's for you.

Love & Insanity,

Saylem

•  •   •  •

<> It's All Lies, Darling. <>

Chapter I

2004

Blue Diamond, Nevada

"I know you're awake." Kimbriella states as her sister Gabriella lies silently in her bed across the room.

"Kim, just go to sleep," Gabriella complains, rolling over and tucking her head under the pillows.

"I can't sleep." Kimbriella says. "There's rabbits running around downstairs. I can hear them."

Her sister rolls her eyes and grabs her earbuds to drown out the sound of her sister's incessant need to talk at night. Kimbriella never slept. Not if she didn't take her sleeping pills her doctors have prescribed. It was endless for her. Her mind never gave her a break.

She could hear it; even feel the vibrations of the rabbits hopping around, crashing into things, and hitting the walls. She could tell there were a great deal of them, maybe twenty, all going insane down at the first level of the house.

Kimbriella couldn't take much. She had anger issues and horrible impatience. The last time she had slept all through the night without having any nightmares was a time that didn't exist. Ever since she was little, she had mental problems, like hallucinations and sleep troubles. The doctors said she'll never be normal; that she'll always be insane.

Thump, thump, thump.....

"Gabby, make them stop!" Kimbriella cries. She smashes her hands over her ears as tears roll freely down her cheeks.

"There's no rabbits, Kim! They aren't real! Go to sleep or I'm getting Mom!"

Kimbriella falls back into her bed roughly and puts her pillows over her face.

Thump, thump, thump, thump.....

"Please, stop..." she whines. Her tears were soaking through her white pillow while she felt another long night ahead of her. She just wanted sleep. That's all. Just sleep.

Thump, thump, thump....

Kimbriella lurches out of bed, yelling and stomping over to the staircase. Behind her Gabriella sits up in bed, prepared to go and get her parents.

Kim was already downstairs having fits while she watched over twenty white rabbits, all with red eyes, hopping around and jumping through the walls. She kicked at them, yelled, and told them to leave so she could sleep, but they all continued on and hopped freely throughout the house.

"Quit! Go away! I'll have my dad come down here and kill all of you!"

"Kim, what are you doing?" her brother, Ryland, asks as he finds his sister all alone out in the hallway, yelling at absolutely nothing.

"Ryland, get these rabbits-" Kimbriella pauses and looks around, finding the last rabbit running through the opened basement door. "...out of here..." she finishes, looking around to find them all gone.

Soon her parents, Collin and Adelaide, came down the stairs, rubbing their sleepy eyes and squinting at the hall lights.

"Kim, what are you doing up?" her mother asks. "Get to bed, now."

"Mom, the rabbits were keeping me awake, I couldn't sleep!"

"Rabbits?" her father asks.

"Yes! There was thirty of them! They were white and had red eyes, and they were hopping around and I couldn't sleep-"

"Come on, Kim," her mother sighs. "Let's go take your medicine."

Ryland grabs his sister Kim by the arm and leads her left side while his mother takes her right. They both take her into the kitchen, listening to her babble on and on about the noisy rabbits.

"Alright, Kim." her mom cuts off. "There were no rabbits. Your mind was playing tricks on you again."

"No, they're not gone! They went into the basement!" Kimbriella defends. "Come on, I'll show you!"

"No, no, no," Ryland says, holding Kim back. "Take your medicine and go to bed."

Adelaide sets down a glass of water and two blue pills, the ones to make Kimbriella sleep. "Take them, Kim. It's 3:00am, we need to sleep."

Reluctantly, she swallows the pills and wipes her mouth on the back of her hand while her brother scoops her up bridal-style. Carrying her was much easier than telling her or guiding her. It was quicker, because Kimbriella often saw things and went the other way, wandering around and trying to find whatever she saw. Sometimes she would try to kick free or insist on sleeping with someone else because she was afraid. But she was always taken to her room, no matter what.

Ryland had just made it through the door to her bedroom, when suddenly Kimbriella hears, again, the: thump, thump thump...

"They're back!" she screams, kicking her legs and freeing herself from her brother's arms.

"Kim, stop! They're not real!" Ryland yells.

"But I hear them! I see them! I HATE them! Make it stop!"

Kimbriella falls to the floor and covers her hears. Gabriella and Ryland kneel beside her and call for help from their parents. They all rush in, aiding Kimbrella and eventually getting her to calm down. They carry her to her bed as she becomes tired from the medicine, and they tuck her in tightly.

Her mother was the last to leave. She liked to stay by Kimbriella's side until her eyes were closed, comforting her, even singing to her sometimes. It calmed her.

"Mom, it's scary." Kimbriella murmurs.

"I know, sweetie. I'm so sorry you have to go through this." She brushes back Kimbriella's dark, black hair and wipes away the last few stray tears.

"The people I see tell me all of the time that they're real, Mom."

Adelaide looks her daughter in the eye and gives her a kiss on the forehead.

"It's all lies, Darling."