Company: Link x Reader Lemon

You sat alone in the back courtyard. You didn't mind; your thoughts and your music were good company. You were unaware of the boy watching you from across the way. He stared at you, taking you in as you listened to your favorite song, completely oblivious to your audience. You were singing quietly.

What a beautiful voice.

He gathered his courage and walked up to you slowly. He tapped you on the shoulder and you jumped, startled. You took out your earbuds and looked up at him. Immediately, a subtle blush reddened your cheeks.

"W-What do you want?" you asked quietly.

"Just wanted to say hi, maybe keep you company," he replied, not phased in the least by your awkward rudeness.

She gestured for him to sit.

"What do you want with a loner like me, Link?" you asked, looking into those big, beautiful blue eyes.

"I just wanted to catch up with you. I mean, it's been awhile."

"Seven years," you said softly.

"Yeah. I missed you," he said gently.

You immediately blushed and looked away.

"We" -- your voice broke a little, so you coughed and tried again -- "we never, like, actually talked, though."

"Yeah, I know. I wish we had."

You looked up at him, blushing but not caring about it. "So do I."

"Well, I guess we should start with the basics. Hmmm..."

You watched him intently, taking all of him in while you had the chance.

He didn't notice. "What do you do in your free time?" he asked. "I know it's kind of a lame question but-"

"It's okay. I draw a lot. I also sing and make electronic music. What about you?"

"I swim."

"You on the team?"

"Yeah, actually," he laughed. "How'd you know?"

"Just a... lucky guess," you lied with a crooked smile. You had been watching him for some time now, and knew almost everything about him.

Was he blushing? No, no, must be the lighting.

"So..." you decided to take a risk. "Are you seeing anyone?"

"Nope. What about you?" He stared into your vibrant [e/c] eyes.

"I'm single too." You stared back, smiling like an idiot. He was grinning too. The air became more intense as you tried to reach each other. He managed to reach you, a wave of emotion rolling over you. Your heart hammered in your chest.

"S-So uh..." you stuttered, feeling nervous and giddy.

He kept staring. You felt like you were going to melt. You took another risk, leaning into the hand closer to him. He did the same. You were mere inches from each other; it felt like miles. You wanted the space between you two to disappear. He was looking at you with an adorably wide-eyed expression, and your hands were shaking with nerves, but it felt right. You gave him a smile, full-on dimple-y and crooked. He smiled that adorable smile back at you. Your heart was melting and buzzing and racing and you felt a little dizzy. You both stopped smiling. The hero bit his lip, glanced away, and then looked back at you. He was definitely blushing. You figured out why a moment later, when his hand brushed your cheek. You blushed even more and scooted a little closer still. He held your face in his hand. He leaned in a little more.