10

Lexi's P.O.V.

"I'm sorry to inform you that...Kale....has passed away. We are very sorry for your loss." The nurse said and instantly Sam got up and ran.

"SAM!" Grayson yelled as she ran out the hospital doors.  I watched him go after her. Now it was just Ethan and I.

"Do you guys want  one last moment to see him before we cover him?" The nurse asked us quietly, snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded my head, not wanting to say anything for fear of letting loose the tears I was holding back. I couldn't just leave, knowing the last time I saw Kale was this morning when he was covered in blood. Ethan and I stood up and the nurse led us down the hallway. Ethan held my hand, squeezing it gently.

"He's right in here." The nurse said, motioning to the door in front of us.

"Thank you." Ethan said. I pushed open the door and stepped inside. I looked towards the back wall and saw Kale lying lifeless on the pale-colored hospital bed. I bit the inside of my lip. I let go of Ethan's hand and went and sat on the chair next to Kale's bed. I looked at his face. There was no expression at all, his eyes closed, not a single rise or fall of his chest, but I knew he wasn't breathing, he's dead.

His cheeks were pale. His hair was quiffed still from the night before.

Flashback

"Kale c'mon! Let's go!" I yelled, standing at the doorway of his house, waiting for him to come downstairs.

"Coming!" He yelled, running down the stairs. He closed the door behind us.

"We're gonna be late to our 8th grade graduation." I mumbled as we walked down the driveway to my mom's car, where Sam and Wyatt were waiting for us inside, along with my mom in the driver's seat. We got in.

"Oh my goodness...all of you are growing up so fast..." My mom turned around, looking at us.

"Can you believe we've been friends since we were 2 years old?" Sam asked us all, as my mom started to drive to our middle school.

"I wasn't two yet." I chimed in.

"We know." Wyatt said. He winked. We arrived at our school about 10 minutes later.

"Ok, I want everyone to pose for a picture before we go in." Mom said. We all groaned, but gave in. I stood next to Sam on my left, with Wyatt on my right side, Kale on Wyatt's other side. Sam turned towards me and blew me a kiss for a picture and I 'caught it'.

"Aw love you too Sammy." Kale said winking.

"Not you Kale!" She said, her face turning red. We all laughed.

End of Flashback

I felt tears welling in my eyes. I sniffed. Ethan walked over to me and kneeled down, wrapping his arms around me. I buried my face in his chest and sobbed. He held on to me tightly.

Why did this have to happen to him? Why? I can't imagine how Sammy must feel. 

"Baby let's go." Ethan whispered. I stood up and wiped the tears off my cheeks. We left the room and walked out to the car. I got my earbuds out of my purse and put my music on shuffle and after a while, finally fell asleep.

--At Home--

I woke up to Ethan shaking me awake. I couldn't hear him, I still had my earbuds in. I opened my eyes and saw that we were in our driveway. We walked inside and I went and sat down on the couch, listening to my music and scrolling through Instagram. I definitely was more calmed down since earlier when we were at the hospital. Ethan has been texting Grayson about Sam, to see if he knows where she went and if she's okay. Ethan came and sat next to me on the couch. 'Tides' by Jack and Jack started playing and I smiled. I took out one earbud and gave it to Ethan, who then put it in his ear.

"Now you've hit rock bottom and you're feeling lost at sea, yeah

Just keep your head above the water

And I know you'll find some way to breathe

When the tides they drag you down

Down under, further than you've ever been,

What I know

When the tides they pull you out

Out so far, Lord teach me how to swim, how to swim".

"You know, what was really cool was watching them perform in all these different cities, being on the road with them, and although it was the same songs, the performances were different." I said, pausing the song.

"What do you mean?" Ethan asked.

"When I was on MAGCON in 2014, you didn't know that?" I said, trying to fool him. I hoped this would work.

"No." He said, curiously.

"Oh, well I was part of MAGCON and I actually dated Hayes for like, a month, but that's irrelevant. It was the coolest experience of my life; getting to travel the world with a big group of friends- Cameron, Nash, Matt, Carter, Shawn, Jack J, Jack G, Hayes, Aaron." I said.

"But 4OU was more fun right?" He asked.

"I'm kidding." I smiled. "I never was on MAGCON. I went to one of their shows, in New York. That's all."

"Ohh, okay." Ethan said, acting relieved. I laughed. He smiled. I leaned over and kissed him, before getting up and sighing.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm gonna take a shower." I said, grabbing my purse and walking upstairs.

"I love you." Ethan said.

"I love you too...shit!" I exclaimed, turning around and going back downstairs. "Ethan we have to pick up Emma!"

He stood up. "I'll go get her, okay? Go take a shower." He said, kissing my forehead. I nodded.

"Okay. Thanks babe." I said, walking back upstairs and going into our bathroom, before turning the handle and stepping into a steamy shower.

---A/N---

Hope you guys liked it!
-Lex