The Pick - Chapter Two

~CHAPTER TWO~

Everyone was gawking at the image in front of us. The horrble, gory image.

Jake was on the ground with blood seeping through his shirt. Meanwhile Braydon was staring wide-eyed behind him

I snapped. I finally snapped. I marched right up to his smirking little face and punched him in the nose. Served him darn right. I heard a crack, and was pretty sure his nose was broken.

He deserved it.

"Dale who the heck do you think you are stabbing people!? I get it your mad at me that I dumped you, but this is why I dumped you! You're such an overrated jerk, who gets way to jealous, and is WAY TOO FULL OF HIMSELF!!" I was flushed with anger right now. I couldn't believe him! I turned to Braydon, "Braydon call 911", I turned back to Dale, "And you. You'll stay right here and wait for the police to come get you."

I snapped my head away from him then stalked back to Matthew. Everyone was staring at either the scene or me. But what did I care. I stood there, slightly shaking, next to Matthew.

He pulled me aside, down by the water, and sat down, so I took a seat next to him.

We just sat there, staring out at the Pacific Ocean. 

"What was that back there?" He asked, obviously curious.

I took a deep breath. I can do this, I told myself, "Well... Dale's my ex, and he's hated me ever since I broke up with him because he thought I just got tired of him, when the truth is, I caught him making out with Miley Beck. He's always hated me, and apparently he got back at me by stabbing... JAKE!"

I hopped up and ran over to Jake, surprisingly he was still conscious. 

"Jake, Jake! Can you hear me? Jake?!" I begged

He let out a noise that was somewhere between a groan, sigh, laugh, and a yes. Almost like a dying geese.

Except he wasn't a geese.

No later than a minute pass before an ambulance roared down the beach. The knife was in the sand and they laid Jake stomach down on the stretcher. The paramedics asked me who I was and I replied, "Him and I are his closest friends" while pointing to Braydon. He nodded and motioned for us to get in. I hopped in the ambulance and took Jake's hand in mine. 

This was an absolute disaster. Who knew if he would live or not!?

I felt a tear escape from my eyes, which was then of course followed by more and more tears. Soon I was crying - full on.

Braydon sat next to me and rubbed my back in circular motions. The boys always did this when I was sad or down, because the knew it cheered me up.

I withdrawled my hand from Jake's, and let the paramedics examine the wound.

I rested my head on Braydon's shoulder, and let him continue to rub my back. I closed my eyes and thought of how different my life would be without Jake. 

Bray sensed my insecurities and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Warmth flooded through me and I felt slightly better. I took out my phone and texted my mom, knowing she's be with Jake's parents, "Mom, Jake was stabbed at the bonfire meet us at the hospital." 

She replied in seconds, "Ok. His parents are with us."

We arrived at the hospital and ordered to sit in the waiting room. I sobbed on Braydon's shoulder while he comforted me. He just kept rubbing my back with his chin resting on my head. He's always been so much taller than me and I was always annoyed by that. But now I was glad about his height difference on me. It made me feel safe when I was in his arms.

About 5 minutes later I stopped crying and was just sitting in a comfortable silence with Braydon. That's when my and Jake's parents stormed in, worry written all over their faces.

We both sprung up, I hugging my parents, Braydon hugging his Aunt and Uncle.

My mother looked at me expectantly. I managed to choke out one, horrible, disgusting, devious, horrid word. One name.

"Dale."

-Author's Note

    Okay, now who honestly saw that coming? I mean like OMG! Not Jake! Why Jake!? You devious little devil! And what do you guys think of Dale? Matthew? Braydon? Even Olivia? Hmm??? Lol so anyways yes this is the second time I've uploaded today! I'm bored out of my mind this Spring Break because it seems like everyone's in Florida! Oh well... So yeah! Don't be surprised when you see another update tonight(; haha there will be a surprise next chapter. No matter how big or small! But the next chapter will be pretty short, but who cares!? Haha, you probably do.. but It's okay! The next update will either be later tonight, or tomorrow! Please Vote and/or Comment, thanks! The music video goes with Olivia and Dale!

~lexi-