13; Mascherata

*Ahem* Disclaimer; the upcoming scene may be very heartbreaking especially once you play the song. I hope you survive the whole chapter. And please, have a box of tissue on your side. That is all. Enjoy.

Stephen James as Alec James

****

Annie

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" a voice exclaims. Everyone looks up to Travis who's standing in the middle of two staircases.

"If you may, please join us and dance. We have all night and plenty of music to dance to. I hope you all are prepared. Now grab someone! Dance! Be the life of the party!" Travis shouts, throwing his arms in the air in the most ecstatic way. I smile. Everything's so beautiful.

"Annie!" Danny — my friend runs up to me.

"Let's go dance, beautiful," he softly says, holding onto my hand. I shake my head and suddenly, I can't help but feel like someone's looking at me. I ignore Danny for 5 seconds as I examine the big room to see whose eyes kept burning the back of my head.

I roll my eyes and avoid the feeling.

It's just you, Annie, I thought to myself.

"Come on! Aren't you gonna take me?" I tease. Danny chuckles and throws the most handsome grin at me. His hands grasp my hands and pull me onto the dance floor. Once again, I feel someone's eyes trail behind me.

Shake off the feeling, Annie.

*PLAY MUSIC*

Danny and I get straight into the line that every other couple was in. Grinning, I link arms with Danny. The song starts and instantly, I recognize it. My stomach makes weird turns and I can't help but think of one person.

 My stomach makes weird turns and I can't help but think of one person

We both step forward once the violin starts playing. People behind us follow the same step. Then Danny and I turn sideways and come face to face across the other couples. The space between the couples across us is where we were supposed to intersect with and we were just about to walk in that space.