25.

(A/N: wow, I'm updating on a Sunday, fancy that! The attached photo has no relevance to the chapter, I just wanted to show off my new coffee mug. x)

Lena's POV
The next evening/night
"Must you take your leave?"
I smiled, as Severus gripped my waist tighter, pulling our naked bodies closer together.
"I must. And so must you. The welcome feast is beginning soon, then tomorrow is the first day of classes. Get up, lazy bones."
I glanced back at him, and he was looking down at me, eyebrow raised.
"I entirely refute that statement, Miss Blackwood."
I laughed, sitting up, swinging my legs out.
"Then let's get dressed. I have to move my stuff to my dorm room. I do have to keep up appearances, you know." I teased.
Severus rolled his eyes, but didn't respond.
I chuckled, as I buttoned up my blouse, and tied my hair into a messy bun.
"Oh, stop it. You'll see me later."
"Is that so?"
I smirked, approaching the bed. I leaned down, and kissed him.
"Obviously."
Amusement filled his eyes, as finally he got out of bed, and began to dress.
*********
After the feast, and the introduction to Miss Dolores Umbridge, I made my way up to my dorm, my things levitating behind me.
"Pure blood."
I walked into the Slytherin common room, and up the designated flight of stairs.
As I approached my dorm door, I noticed something taped to it.
It was a note.
What is with people leaving me notes?
I glanced around suspiciously, my senses keen and aware now.
I ripped the note off my door, and waved my hand, letting myself in.
I closed the door behind me.
I lowered my things onto my bed, and waved my hand again, watching as they unpacked themselves.
I gripped the note in my fingertips, and took a deep breath.
I slowly opened it, and started to read:

My darling Lena,
I've waited years to finally see you. They've kept you from me, and now that I've been freed from Azkaban, we can finally be a family, you and I. If you truly feel as I do, meet me at the edge of the Forbidden Forest tonight. I must tell you everything.

Signed,
Your loving mother,
B. Lestrange

I gasped quietly, my heart starting to pound.
Clutching the letter in my hand, I raced out of the common room, and into the corridor. I approached Dumbledore's office, and muttered the password.
When the stairs appeared, I hurried up, almost tripping as I did.
I knocked this time, rather urgently, and the door opened a second later.
I rushed inside, throwing the note on Albus' desk, while also trying to catch my breath.
Severus gave me a baffled look, but I just looked at him.
Dumbledore read the note for another few seconds, and shook his head.
"This can't be..."
"What the hell do I do?" I asked out loud, now showing Sev the note.
"You ignore it, Miss Blackwood. There is absolutely no way we can be certain that this is true."
I looked to Albus. "And what if it is?!!! I won't know unless....unless I go, unless I follow through."
"I absolutely forbid you to go. You may be walking into a trap." Severus stated.
I glared up at him. "You cannot tell me what I can and cannot do. This is my mother. I must go."
Albus and Severus exchanged a look, and the Headmaster shook his head.
"It is much too dangerous for you. You must understand, Miss Blackwood, it's for your--"
"Own good, I know, I get it. But I can take care of myself! I have been for years now. I think I can manage my mother. I'll keep my guard up. I just want to hear her out...if I sense danger, I will leave straight away." I explained.
"Lena, Albus is right. I will not allow you to purposely put yourself in danger."
I narrowed my eyes. "It's not your decision to make. It's mine."
With that, I ripped the note from Sev's hands, and left the office.
I kept walking, ignoring Severus' pleas.
I was going to meet my mother, and I'd be damned if anyone was going to stop me.
*******