one

millie re-read her schedule for the millionth time, to ensure she had the right room.

she did, and she was standing right out of the door. she heard the teacher lecturing the children on something. probably her.

treat her how you'd like to be treated.
it's very scary when you don't know anyone.

millie's heard the same thing many times before. she recalled it all too well.

the day she met her bully.

she shook her head, recalling the painful person.

she walked in causing everyone in the room to go silent, and turn their heads to the back of the room. where millie walked in.

"h-hi." she said, and smiled awkwardly, suddenly becoming uncomfortable and nervous.

"millie, i assume?" the teacher, ms. dyer, asked her.

"yes," she managed to say.

"perfect," she said, scanning the room for where to put the new girl.

noah schnapp spotted her, immediately taking a liking to her. she was very pretty, he thought, with her short brown hair and matching chocolate eyes.

"why don't you go sit with noah?" ms. dyer told millie, pointing to noah. millie quickly nodded, not wanting the attention in herself any longer than necessary.

she rushed over to the new boy she new as noah.

"hi," he whispered. millie wiped her palms on her fitted black skirt. talking to new people made her nervous. social anxiety, her mother had called it.

"hey," she replied.

"so millie," ms . dyer started.

here it comes, millie thought.

millie knew what was coming, and she hated it. she hated telling about herself. she wasn't interesting, so why did she have to share that with everyone? it was pointless to her.

"why don't you introduce yourself to the class?" the teacher finished.

"sure," millie said, fiddling with the hem of her maroon sweatshirt. "i'm from britain, obviously. i like to write, and i have one little sister, one older sister, and one older brother," she finished and looked down at her lap.

"your accent is really pretty," noah complimented. millie felt her facing growing hot. noah noticed it going red and he chuckled at her nervousness.

"t-thank you," millie replied, after hearing noah's giggle. millie twisted her ring, a nervous habit.

"you know," noah started, "you don't have to be so nervous."

millie turned to him, giving him a stare, as if he'd asked a question in which the answer was completely obvious.

"yeah, and that helps so much," she said, chuckling.

•••

"so whatever you do," noah said. "stay away from everyone with a gold bracelet that says 'fdl'."