Death

As the snow continued to fall, you snuggled up to Takashi. You were still unsure on whether you could fully trust him again but you decided to put it behind you as you doubted that he would be thinking of that at this moment.

The truth was that Takashi had fallen asleep. You had known that he hadn't been getting much sleep and tonight must have just been the end for him. As you look at Hirano you realise how he hasn't moved an inch, unlike you who had put your gun down to relax and so you could get close to Takashi. You looked out at the now ice and sighed as you saw it crack under the weight of a lone zombie, risking to try and get over. "Bastards." You hear Hirano mutter.

You look over to him in shock. It was the first time you'd heard him speak in a while which causes you to smile at him. "You can say that again." You look down your gun once again to see what has happened better. "At least they can't think, otherwise we'd be dead." You try to lighten the mood but Hirano only replies with a grunt, too in depth with looking at the cluster of zombies gathering at the shore due to the sound of breaking ice.

You sigh and put your gun down. Somewhere you always respected Hirano for how he was and hated how Takagi always seemed to put him down when it was obvious that he liked her. It wasn't clear on whether Hirano still liked her or not as they rarely talked now but there still seemed to be something, it was just something no one could put their finger on.

The ice under the zombie completely broke and it fell under the water. Your attention snapped towards it again and you shift your gun slightly, your heart beating unusually fast. "Something's wrong." You mutter under your breath as there is a deathly silence and the only thing you can hear is your heart pounding in your chest and all you see is the steam that leaves your now dry mouth. You nudge Takashi with your elbow and he slowly leans on his elbows, his eyes half open and his hair sticking out in all different directions.

It would be funny if you weren't so nervous and you probably would laugh right now. You hear a crunch behind you and flip around quickly, aiming your gun at... "Alice, what are yo-" You get cut off as you hear a blasting office behind you and that terrifying groan behind you.

You try to flip around on your belly again but your body seems to fail you and you feel your hair being pulled painfully. You yell out and drop your gun as you start to slide down into the water with the weight of the zombie dragging you down.

As your head hits the water you feel like you've instantly frozen and you starts shivering. You found it extraordinary that this zombie even had enough life to swim - or float - over here and break through the ice. You quickly turn around to see teeth gnashing towards your face and you struggle, your hair now tangled in the zombie's fingers. There was no time to struggle otherwise you would lose oxygen and drown, the only way is to stay calm.

You hold the zombie at arms length by the neck while attempting to untangle your soaking hair that continues to wrap itself around the zombie's fingers. You only have limited time to do so as the strength drains from you while the zombie keeps all it's power and it could easily bite you.

Your fingers start to feel frozen and it takes you all your effort to make them move and your toes start to freeze. This is when you start to struggle. Your lungs suddenly feel like they're being squeezed and you kick madly, trying to surge yourself upwards towards the never ending sheet of white ice that seems to be moving further away. You reach out without hope but surprisingly a body comes diving towards you and grabs your arm... but one step too late.

You feel a pain in your leg and look down to see blood seeping from a bite wound with a zombie attached to it. You shake your leg furiously and luckily it falls off as you emerge and splutter water from your lungs. "Takashi... why?" You talk slowly so you can be understood through all the spluttering and he swims towards the beach, holding your hand to drag you with him.

He says nothing as he wraps you in a towel and rubs your back but you throw it away, tears forming in your eyes as your heart is about to explode from your heart. "(Y/N) you'll freeze to death if you don't warm up." Worry crosses his face as a tear slides down your face but he probably didn't see it due to your face being wet already.

You start shivering profusely and hug your knees tightly. "I'd rather die than hurt you, you idiot." You can't meet his eyes and end up crying into your knees as everyone crowds around, wondering what's happening. No one makes a sound and you all remain in silence, your mind fighting with itself on whether you should say you've been bitten or not but no words seem to come out of your mouth.

"(Y/N) stand up!" Finally the silence is broken and you know straight away Saeko is speaking so you do as your told, slowly of course as you feel all energy drain out of you. You face her but look at the floor. "You know that I have to ask this." Her voice had a hint of sympathy in it and you bite your lip to stop the tears from falling. "Were you by any chance bitten?" She leans on her sword which only makes your situation feel worse.

You feel humiliated. Your boyfriend, Takashi, was watching and so was everyone else. You either lie or tell the truth now. You look around at each and every one's face carefully, smiling as you remember all the memories you have had with them until you land on Takashi's face, his face was pale, much like yours must be at the moment. He already knew the answer as he looked at your leg, exactly where you were bitten. "I'm sorry Takashi." You break down in tears and run up to him hugging him.

At first he says nothing and doesn't move and your heart breaks, knowing he must be lost. Suddenly you hear his gun drop to the floor and you feel his firm grip embrace you, his head now in your shoulder. Behind you there was complete silence, only sound came from Alice who has completely broken down at the sight and you hated to think what she saw in you at this moment. "How... could this happen?" Takashi whispers quietly in your ear so only you can hear.

You close your eyes, the sound of your heart slowly fading and the energy in your legs suddenly dropped, causing you to completely rely and Takashi's strength to keep you up. You never realised how quickly the change happened until you were the one being changed. The sound of Takashi's sobs slowly faded away as you cling to him and your own eyes start to refill with tears and you swallow, one last smile plastered on your face.

A sensation that could only be described as poison running through your veins made you shudder as you view changed. The world around you as you knew it seemed to fade into a ball of whiteness but the sounds around you grew louder and louder and it started to become unbearable.

You fall to the floor but you felt no pain as you do so, you only hear the sobs of Takashi who kneels in front of you. The beating of your heart seemed to completely fade until you heard nothing... only the screams of Takashi that started to amplify. "Takashi..." You manage to open your mouth slightly with your last remaining energy. "I want you to kill me before I fully turn." You smile faintly as you remember the smiling face of Takashi which also brings tears to your eyes again, but his face starts to flicker until you see nothing...

So... that's the end. Now it's up to you guys if I make another book of Takashi's further adventures or just leave it here so comment what you want :) I hope you uenjoyed and thank you for reading.