Chapter Fifteen

"Rose," A soft voice woke Rose up from another world known as Dreamland. "Rose, wake up."

Rose rubbed her eyes and slowly got up. She could feel her shoulders cramping up, her legs sore, and sharp pains went through her feet. She saw her mother sitting next to her.

"Welcome to the land of the living, Rosie," Melinda smiled. "How was your nap?"

"Painful," Rose groaned. Then she sat up, as the memories of the past few days caught up with her. "Where's Tara? Is she alright?"

"Tara is fine," said Melinda. "She's just as tired as you are. She was in panic when the two of you were separated."

"Is she sleeping?" Rose lowered her voice down to a whisper.

Melinda nodded. "I tried waking her up, but she wouldn't move. I wanted to know what you wanted for dinner."

"Pizza," Rose grinned. "With lots of olives."

Tamara struggled to get out of bed. Her neck and back hurt, and her arm had cramped up. As she climbed down the stairs, she noticed that the sun was out. "What?"

"I tried waking you up for dinner yesterday," Melinda said. "But you were so tired, you slept till today."

Tamara's mind wasn't on the fact that she missed dinner, but on Rose. "Is Rose okay?"

Melinda smiled. "She asked the exact same thing about you. But yes. Rose is taking a bath."

"On a different topic, Mum, I don't really feel comfortable taking an aeroplane to Spain," Tamara said.

"If I had experienced what you girls just did, I wouldn't be comfortable either," Melinda agreed. "But a train trip takes more time."

"Sixteen hours," Tara corrected. "But don't you think a train ride might be safer?"

"I don't know." Melinda frowned. "I think they are both equally dangerous. Ask Rose and Amy."

"So," Rose started when the trio met up at Amy's house. "Train or aeroplane?"

"Train," Tamara said immediately, while both Amy and Rose responded with "aeroplane".

"Majority rules, Tara," Amy's mother, Elaine, said.

"I know," she grumbled.

As soon as the girls arrived at the London International Airport, they got their bags and went inside, with the parents in close pursuit. Once they reached security, Melinda and Elaine exacted promises from each of the girls.

"Stay safe, Amy," Elaine said. "Please don't wander off or get lost."

"Me get lost?" Amy smirked. "Never."

"Rose, stay close to Tara. Tara, watch the girls and make sure they stay safe. Okay?" Melinda looked into their eyes as if hypnotising the girls.

"Alright, Mum," Tamara rolled her eyes. "As the responsible adult, I solemnly swear to keep the immature children safe."

"Who's immature?!" Amy said, with an indignant expression.

After boarding the plane, Tamara looked over their itinerary once again. "We are going to land in Madrid at about eleven o'clock. I think we should still do what we were going to do before."

"Which is," Amy prompted.

"Sightsee. Duh," Tamara said.

"Says the person who didn't want to sightsee two weeks ago," Rose muttered

After landing in Madrid, the girls dropped off their belongings in a cheap motel. The room was about the size of Rose's closet and the single bed that the girls would share was a twin.