8.

1K milestone! Thank you :)

Lol funny story - the other night I was attempting to add some more to a draft chapter of this book I had written that's very important ;) and I managed to fall asleep for a couple of minutes with the screen on (mobile app) and somehow pressed the 'publish' button which then published it :/ thankfully I woke up very quickly after and deleted it but omg I feel dumb af doing that hahaha I don't want people getting spoilers!!!!

~~~~~

There was no danger around us as we sat side by side facing a small blazing campfire, father was not around to find us out. No stresses it would seem as I stared into the dancing flames, mind wandering from yesterday's sparring with Madara, to my sisters whereabouts and then regrettably to a familiar haunting imagine that I always found in the fire.

I stared out into the open never ending field, peering through the smoke towards the darkness that was covered with tiny sparkling dots.

"Do you believe in visions?" I rubbed my palms together smoothly, directing my question to Madara quietly.

"I believe there may be a higher level of existence which effects our spiritual being, maybe visions are an effect of it."

His answer was interesting to say the least, a higher power? Maybe a god or a force that controls our spiritual realm?

"I keep seeing something...distressing," the air felt thinner, like it was being held barely together by a slowly wearing string.

"What is it?"

I examined my glowing hand below, searching the faint veins that climbed their ways across my skin like a stain of ink across paper.

"When I look into the fire, I see myself...dead." The words hung from my tongue heavily, the dryness of my eyes now being glazed over with slight moisture.

"Who killed you?"

"I don't know..."

I sighed letting my eyes closed with the force of distress pressing into my head.

"You'll be safe," Madara's soft voice cut through the tension in the air. A cool breath made its way into my lungs when I gazed into the furnace of flames once again steadily.

"That's what I hope."

I shivered harshly under the nervousness and cold breeze that brushed its way past me quietly. And it surprised me when Madara wrapped his arm across my shoulders, his cloak following his hand allowing it to drape across my back. I lowered my head to hide the smile that lined my lips at the action, it amused me. Our bond amused me.

Madara, the big bad Uchiha who has killed many and is slightly unpredictable in composure, spends most of his days hanging out with an Uzumaki enemy who is supposedly not suppose to be an enemy to his clan anymore. And then he keeps her warm with his cloak as they sit out in the night free from the stress that the Uzumaki father would find out and forever disown his daughter for her deceiving.

A distressed pair who waddle in each other's company, as they break clan expectations and build their long friendship around secrecy. That's not something you hear happening everyday in this world. Perhaps I was exaggerating our situation as well.

What would have happened if I had never met Madara? The concept sent an unpleasant flutter into my stomach.

We sat together throughout most of the night, until Madara announced he had to leave because the Uchiha were having an important meeting that night.