09

patrick isn't sure why, but his palms are sweating. god, he's such a fucking baby. pete's just a guy. an attractive guy, but a guy nonetheless.

patrick puts his blazer on in the car, adding a scarf because it's so cold. he fixes his hair as he walks toward a bench to sit on. no one has recognised him yet, and he hopes it stays that way for pete's sake.

he's looking down at his phone when someone clears their throat. he looks up and is met with pete, wearing a leather jacket and black skinny jeans. the jeans, of course, are tight in all of the right places.

patrick can't take his eyes off of pete.

"hey, wow, you look beautiful." patrick smiles, pulling pete in for a hug. he doesn't miss the blush that arises on pete's face at his comment.

"thank you." pete says shyly. patrick takes pete's hand as they walk down the boardwalk.

"so, tell me about you." patrick says, squeezing pete's hand and smiling at him.

"i'm pete wentz. i like a lot of bands and cartoons. i have a brother and a sister that live in chicago, and i'm twenty-six years old." pete says quickly, and patrick's eyes widen at his age.

"you're only twenty-six? shit, i'm thirty-one." patrick laughs quietly, and pete just smiles.

"sugar daddy." pete winks, and patrick's face turns bright red as he nods his head.

"i'll accept any form of you calling me daddy, it's okay." patrick shoots back, and pete drops his head, laughing. somewhere in the back of pete's mind, he doesn't think patrick's joking. "so you said you liked bands. what's your favourite band?"

pete bites his lip. he wants to say fall out boy just to see what patrick will do, but he doesn't want to lie either. their bassist is kind of a shitty person, and he's not the best at what he does either.

"blink or green day." pete says finally, and patrick smiles.

"what about fall out boy? do you like them?" patrick is just fishing for compliments now, and pete knows it.

"they're pretty good. they have a really hot guitarist." pete says, and patrick smirks, obviously thinking pete is talking about him since he plays rhythm.

"oh yeah? what's his name?" patrick asks, smiling widely at pete.

"joe trohman." pete says simply, and patrick's mouth drops open as he pushes pete away. pete laughs loudly, wrapping his arms around patrick's neck. "i'm just kidding. their lead singer's ass is pretty nice."

"nowhere near as nice as yours." patrick's eyes flick down to pete's mouth before he licks his lips and returns his gaze back to pete's eyes.

pete sucks in a breath before leaning in just the slightest bit. patrick takes that as the okay to kiss him, and he does.

when they pull away, pete smiles and licks his lips. "goddamn."

"nice to know i still have that affect on people." patrick winks, kissing pete's forehead. "come on, it's getting cold. i'll walk you to your car, and we can get dinner."

--

the peterick kiss y'all