Chapter 7

Jamie couldn't believe his luck. He finally convinced Roxy he wasn't trying to play hurtful games with her and she had started letting him in. The weekend was the most perfect weekend imaginable and he could see himself spending every single day of his life just like that. He stood in his office after watching Daniel Portet tear apart his own daughter. Jamie knew the man was harsh and stern but he was literally destroying her, his only living family! Now she was building her walls up again but this time much thicker and stronger as she told him that they were a mistake and that tore him apart. There was no way the best days of his life could ever have been a mistake.

"Roxy stop, your father is being unreasonable. You didn't make any mistakes or do anything wrong! Please don't do this, don't leave," Jamie pleaded with her, hoping she would be able to see past her pain to see how absurd her father was acting. Jamie saw her shake her head and she walked out of his office without looking back. He felt as if the wind had been knocked out of him as he leaned against his desk. He just stood there for a moment not sure what to do. Should he go after her or give her some time? Veronica poked her head in his office and upon seeing Jamie she walked in with a concerned look on her face.

"Okay, what the hell just happened?" She asked with her hands on her hips, "Just this morning you two are the perfect couple. Now she is a mess, you look beaten, and I am afraid that prick Mr. Porter has something to do with all this," she exclaimed with a frown waiting for him to fill her in.

Jamie gave her a weak smile then let out a loud long sigh before he began to describe the disaster that just happened in his office. Veronica narrowed her eyes and cursed Roxy's father. "Roxy can be stubborn but she will see how stupid her father is acting," Veronica told him and he wished she was right.

"I hope so Veronica" he told her till then he needed to get out of here. If he saw Daniel Porter any more today he was going to end up smashing in his face. Even though he didn't feel like it now he knew he would regret it later. "I have to get away from that man! I will talk to you later Veronica," he told her and she nodded understandingly. He quickly rushed out of that hell of a building towards his car. Daniel Porter may be the big fish here but Jamie wasn't afraid of him. He refused to go down without a fight. He pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and quickly dialed his friend's number.

"Hey Jamie haven't heard from you in a few days…been busy?" Michael teased and Jamie couldn't resist a small smile.

"Something like that," he replied then the smile disappeared from his face. "I need your help with something."

"You don't sound too good man, what's up?"

"Daniel Porter is my problem. I am pretty sure he is going to try and fire me," he replied getting into his car.

"Why the hell would he do something so stupid?"

Jamie shook his head and explained the situation. "He has made it pretty clear if I don't leave Roxy, he will fire me by Wednesday. So if he wants to try I want to hit him where it hurts, a big fat publicized lawsuit. For that I need you," he told his friend and Michael was silent for a moment.

"No offense Jamie but from what it sounds, she has already left you. What is the point in risking your job too," Michael tried to reason and Jamie frowned, he refused to believe that was a possibility even if it was a very real one.

"I am not giving up on her, she will come around; she has to come around! I've fallen in love with her, Michael. That has to mean something."

"I hope your right," Michael said not sounding too convinced. "Anyways, if you want to really do this. I can be down there tomorrow."

"Yes I do, the sooner you're here, the better!"

When he hung up Jamie felt a bit of hope enter him. Now all he had to do was get Roxy to come around. That evening he tried to call her a couple of times but she didn't pick up the phone, it drove him nuts.