chapter 1

It was an early and crisp morning. Spencer found himself stood in front of a huge chapel, the bell chiming happily. His eyebrows furrowed, looking around, finding himself amidst his team, though they were all wearing very formal attire. A hand clapped against his back, Morgan's face coming into view.

"Look at you, all spiffy. Can't believe this day has actually come. Pretty boy's getting married." He chuckled, the words coming as a surprise to Spencer. Before he could speak Morgan was dragging him into the church, walking with him to the altar, standing next to him as the church flooded with people whom he knew. His mom was there, his dad, Hotch and everyone. He knew something wasn't right as he scanned the crowd. Sarah? Quickly his eyes went searching, and soon Jason Gideon himself walked into the church in a clean black suit.

"Gideon?" The male looked at him with a smile, winking at him. "Wait, I have so many questions- I- you died. I saw your body... Gideon!" Soon the male was disappearing into the pews. Suddenly a rush of movement occurred as the entire church stood, turning to the opening doors. The flower girl entered, a fearful look on her face. When she got close enough, she shouted something.

"Daddy!" As she shouted, the little girl ran straight to Spencer, and instinctively, he moved down to pick her up.

"Hey, hey, you're okay. We'll find your daddy. Where is he?" Spencer looked around for a face that looked panicked, as though their daughter was up there with Spencer.

"You're being silly, you're right here." The girl then pet Spencer's head, and his eyes widened.

"I-I'm your daddy?" Softly he pushed hair from the girl's face as she nodded. Music began soon after the moment, and Spencer squinted to see the face in front of him. As she continued towards him, a smile broadened on his face as the familiar woman joined him at the altar. "Lucielle... god you look beautiful..." he mumbled, watching as she blushed.

"Thank you, Spencer." Lucielle giggled, pressing a kiss to his cheek, and then one to their daughter's before turning to the priest. The two were about to exchange vows as the man spoke.

"If there is anyone who believes that these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace." The two scanned the crowd before the doors burst open, and Spencer's breath hitched.

"Maeve?" As the woman continued into the room, the male behind her held a gun to her head, and Spencer panicked. Tobias.

"Spencer. I'm quite certain that there's another woman you would marry in a heartbeat." Tobias spoke, Maeve looking at Spencer with a scared look. "So I'm giving you three choices. Option A. You marry Lucielle, and I kill Maeve. Option B. You save Maeve and I marry Lucielle, and that pretty little girl of yours comes home with us. Option C. You marry Lucielle and save Maeve, but I get your daughter." He continued, moving closer and closer to the altar, the little girl clutching onto her father tightly. Spencer quickly picked her up, causing her to hide her face into his neck.

"You're not getting her." The doctor spoke softly.

"So you've made your choice. Option A it is." Tobias spoke simply, Maeve screaming for Spencer to save her, causing the male to step forward, only to hear a gunshot.

Spencer shot up out of bed, clothes drenched in sweat, the room pitch black as the curtains held out the sun. Looking around, he grabbed his phone, sighing softly as he laid back in his bed, catching his breath. It was a dream. It was a dream. Spencer shook his head as he got up out of the bed, moving to the bathroom to shower for the long day ahead of him. This case was going to be the death of him. He'd been in London since December, and it was now February. "One more month, just one more." He sighed, turning on the water.