7th Encounter: [Force the Extreme]

This next character is by Square Enix, I'm sure some of you know his name.

Name: Squall Leonhart

Background: Squall Leonhart is the main protagonist of Final Fantasy VIII. A young and aloof SeeD mercenary, others viewed him as cold and focused until he began to question the way he had chosen to live his life. Squall's weapon, the gunblade, is one of the iconic weapons of the Final Fantasy series. Squall is later given the title Commander (委員長, Iinchō?, lit. Chairman).

Squall idolizes the mythical winged lion Griever, holding it as an ideal of courage and strength, traits he wishes to possess himself. The lion has come to be his symbol.

Weapons: The Revolver (リボルバー, Riborubā?), is the gunblade of choice for Squall Leonhart in most of his appearances in the Final Fantasy series. An iconic symbol from Final Fantasy VIII, it has since appeared in several other games in the series. Revolver is a sword with a revolver chamber, which serves as the hilt for the blade. Despite its name it cannot be used as an actual gun, meaning it does not fire projectiles, and can therefore only be used in melee combat. Triggering a round in the gun chamber sends a shock wave through the blade, increasing its damage potential, but the timing required is hard to learn, which is why it takes years to master wielding a gunblade.

Squall's strongest weapon, the Lion Heart is a gunblade whose blade is in a translucent gradient from dark blue at the edge to white near the middle of the blade. The frame of the gun portion is modeled with features incorporating the Revolver, Squall's starting weapon. These include a black gripped handle base, a breach, barrel, and magazine port similar to the M16 assault rifle, various grips to accentuate various positions of wielding—including an extended handle-like stock to a rifle-saber hybrid handguard near the magazine—and a design finish to incorporate the Griever emblem, a lion carved on the side and a wing protrusion emerging from the top.

Powers: Has the power to use the magical elements of fire, ice, lightning, wind, poison, earth, water, and even holy or Ultima (a devastating almost nuclear like spell) as well as much more. Can summon legendary, powerful beasts known as Guardian Forces. Can cause explosions with every strike he gives by simply pulling his weapon's trigger as it slices into anything. Can manipulate time and cause people to be blind, unable to use their powers, and such.

Feats: Survived being stabbed in the chest by an almost torpedo sized ice shard shoved through his chest

Fought the sorceress Ultimecia, who can control and compress time, even creating the ultimate Guardian Force Griever. Squall defeated and destroyed them both with the help of his party.

Defeated Omega Weapon, a god like monster created to protect the planet.

Weaknesses: Squall can grow hesitant if his thoughts are distracted and his friends are in danger. He thrusts himself into danger to save them, never knowing if the odds may be too great.