Tears of an Angel

"I don't want to be with you anymore Percy."

Cover my eyes
Cover my ears
Tell me these words are a lie

I stood suprised in front of my girlfriend. When I heard her words, I felt like someone stabbed me into hearth. I could feel water getting into my eyes.

"A-Annabeth..."

I couldn't say anything. Only her name. Why did she said that? What did I done wrong?

"I'm sorry Percy, but... I fell in love with Luke.."

Now, I could feel my tears running from my eyes. Annabeth started to walk away without having looking or crying left me standing near beach. My heart hurt so much...

It can't be true
That I'm losing you
The sun cannot fall from the sky

Slowly, I started to go back to my home. All I could think was Annabeth. Why did she left me for Luke?... Did she ever loved me? These words were bugging me.

Can you hear heaven cry
The tears of an angel

When I get to my cabin, I made my way to my bed and fell on it. I tried not to cry, but it was worthless. So many tears were escaping my eyes...

"Annabeth... Why?..."

Stop every clock
Stars are in shock
The river would run to the sea

I don't know how long I was on my bed crying. I could hear Nico calling me to dinner, but all I replied was that I wasn't hungry. To be honest, I was quite hungry, but I didn't wanted to see anyone. And mainly I didn't wanted to see Annabeth.

I won't let you fly
I won't say goodbye
I won't let you slip away from me

Slowly it was week since I left my house or left my bed. Everyone was coming in front of my cabin asking me same things: "Are you okay?" Or "Percy what's wrong?" Yet I always answered with "I'm okay" or " everything is fine." Since I always missed all meals, someone always brought them in front of my door. I don't know who they were, but they made sure I wasn't starving. Not like...

... Annabeth ...

Can you hear heaven cry
The tears of an angel

I started to cry once again. No matter how much I cried, I just couldn't stop. When I finally calmed, she appeard in my head. Her warm smile that made my heart jump a little... I don't want anyone to catch me like this...

So hold on
Be strong

"Hey. Jackson. Get out of there now!" I tried to stop crying. That voice... Is that Thalia? What does she doing here? I wanted to ask her, but my mind said no.

"Go away Thalia. My head hurts a little. I'm fine."

Well, I wasn't totally lying. My head really hurts from all of that crying. But I'm not fine...

"Jackson. Open the damned door." Her voice was quite angry.

"Just leave!!" I shouted at her. I don't want to talk with her. I don't want to talk with anybody!! I could hear Thalia leaving my door. Good. Now I was again alone.

It was after dinner and I heard someone again bringing me food. When I heard them leaving, I went to the door. I slowly opened then and picked up plate with food what was on ground carefully placed. When I was about to close the door, someone blocked them. I looked at person who blocked the door.

It was Thalia.

When our eyes met, her blue eyes were full of shock. I wasn't surprised that she had this kind od reaction. I had bangs under eyes and my eyes were red from all that crying.

"Percy... What... Who did this to you?"

"I said I want t--"

Thalia pushed me into my cabin as she went inside as well and closed door.

"I'm going to ask one more time. Who did this to you? Do you think we are stupid? Everyone in camp is worried about you, idiot!"

I placed plate with food on table.

"Everything is fine. I pro--"

"Why are your eyes red then?"

"... I ..."

"You?"

This is bad. I couldn't say anything, or I would start cry. I looked at Thalia. I felt tears going down my face once again...

"A-Annabeth broke up with me..."

I said quietly, trying to stop crying. I was waiting for Thalia to stary yelling at me, but she stayed quite and instead of yelling at me, she hugged me.

"I'm here so let these tears go. Don't hold them"

Everyday hope will grow
I'm here, don't you fear

I hugged Thalia back and did as she said. I let all the tears to go. I wasn't trying to stop them. I just let them go. Thalia rubbed my back as I was crying.

"It will be okay Percy. Trust me"

Thalia's voice and her hug made me to finally calm down. Even when I calmed down, she didn't let me. She still held me. It felt like hours. I didn't wanted to let her go from hug, but I had to

Little one don't let go
(Oh)
Don't let go
(Oh)
Don't let go
(Oh)

"Thank you Thalia..."

"It's nothing. We were worried about you" Then she something too quietly, so I couldn't understand her.

"I'm sorry for making you worried... I was just... I didn't want to go out... I wanted to stay here and calm myself... My heart still hurts... I can't believe that Annabeth... That..." I started to cry again. Her name made my heart hurt even more. Thalia hugged me again.

"It will be okay. You just need some time or someone who would heal your broken heart"

With her hand, she was playing with my hair. Surprisingly, it made me so calm that all I could focus was her hand. I looked at Thalia. She smiled at me a little.

"I need to go for now. I will visit you tomorrow. Try get some sleep and don't think about anything today."

"Thanks Thalia"

"No problem"

Thalia opened my door and left. I lied on my bed and I finally could feel myself smile, even just a little. Wait, why I'm smiling?... Could it be because of Thalia? Well, whatever reason is, I closed my eyes and I fell asleep.

In dream land, it was surprisingly calm. Then it twisted. There was standing Annabeth. I slowly started to walk towards her, but then, I saw her kissing with Luke. I could feel tears in my eyes once again.

"I love you Luke. I always loved you."
"What about Per--"
"I nev--"

Her voice was cutted. Someone covered my ears. Before Luke could kiss Annabeth, someone covered my eyes.

"I'm always here for you Percy.... And.. I love you"

Hearing these words, remembered me one thing...

"I don't want to be with you anymore Percy."

Cover my eyes
Cover my ears
Tell me these words are a lie...