7 - Grand Finale

There they were.

The humans had spent half a year so far rebuilding their homes here on Earth. It was wonderful seeing them all get along much better and working as a team. 

Earth looked more green, and appreciated thanks to the sacrifices of the angel along with 9S. 

2B assisted in the task of rebuilding their home back on Earth. The female android carried a few boxes over to the usual area where a clinic had been established, some kids often don't listen and go mess with the boars. 

"2B!" A small boy shouts grinning ear to ear as the doctor treats his leg with gauze. "Stop squirming, brat." The doctor clicked his tongue upset that this kid never listened when he said to stay away from those other brats that play too much with the animals. "Heya, 2B. Back again? Ah, hey brat I said stay still!"

The android found herself smiling a little seeing this human way to often when she helps out. "Listen to the doctor, Ren."

He pouts and sits still while she tucks the usual packages in storage for the nurses to use later. 

Off back out she was greeted by a few children and so on having been helping out all around it seems the humans grew friendlier with her. 

She caught herself smiling more here and there.

It was peaceful.

Bidding farewell she walks off looking to the skies as a gust of wind blows through. 

"Are you and (Y/N), happy up there?" She mumbles. "We're doing our best down here so please do not worry." 

A single white feather falls down into her line of view as her blue hues that have been set free look upon the fragile item catching it. 

.
.
.
.
.

From high up above along an abandoned building you sit at the edge in your usual white dress humming a melody while watching the humans. They looked happy. 

With a sigh you push yourself up standing there watching 2B move along. "Your prayer has been heard, 2B." 

"People watching again, (Y/N)?" A voice spoke from behind you. 

Smiling you walked over to the man dressed in his once black attire that seems to have turned as white as his wings. The only real color being his cerulean blue eyes. "You know we can't be seen by them, and it'd be bad if we got caught." 

A nod is given as you hug the male who's chest vibrates in light laughter. "What's wrong now?" 

"I love you, 9S." You spoke softly while looking up to see the one person you had found your own sanctuary with. He is the hope that makes up you.

Soft lips press against your forehead. "I love you too, (Y/N). Where is this coming from?" He seemed so relaxed and at peace since the incident.

Turns out mother nature was a very forgiving goddess. Seeing the love you two had shared she did indeed kill 9S and you, however both were reborn as children of the sky. Free to watch over the world as it grows until you both are needed again in her place. 

So basically you get to spend eternity with 9S as angels that watch over the progression of Earth. There's no words you could've given to thank her.

In the meantime, you just enjoy your days with 9S. Traveling is always very fun as well as sleeping in the skies on clouds. 

"It's nothing, I'm just happy we get to stay together."

He hugs you closer humming in agreement. While he does miss working with 2B whom he respects greatly...it hurts even more to think of being away from you. 

After the small cuddle session he pulls back pecking your lips a few times which led to a much longer one. In his protective arms you felt like melting when he got like this, so affectionate. Boy, you were glad the humans couldn't see you.

As you both part he smiles though both your faces seem somewhat flustered. "Let's go home." 

You nod taking his hand in yours lacing fingers together tightly. White wings flutter open carrying you both high to the heavens where your home lies among the clouds secretly. 

No one needs to feel sad about you both passing because you will always be watching over everyone with the one angel you love. 

Maybe later on down the line there would be a baby angel or two in your future. 

Time can only tell.

*~(A/N: NOW, the book is over officially. Sorry for tricking you guys but it was so much fun. To those that are reading after everything is published well I just hope you enjoyed the whole story. It's been a nice run. Anways, I'll see you in the next book.)~*