1

"Listen everyone" Everybody at their desk drew all there attention to the police commissioner including myself, as his assistant , this was important to me since he never alerted me that there was going to be a meeting.

"I would like to introduce you all to my son Devin Gordon, he will be taking over due to my busy schedule And my close age to retirement." There was a man standing next to the Mr.Gordon he seemed to be at least a year older than me. Everyone started mumbling there comments at the occurring situation that was going on.

"I didn't know he had a son"

"I hope he's nice"

"Oh please look at him what makes you think he can take over the commissioner 's spot"

"He's kind of cute"

"Oh please he's not that cute"

"Look at his eyes"

"Ok guys save your comments later " my boss rolled his eyes. I glanced up to whom I assume is Devin, we made eye contact I gave him a warm smile and in return I got a blank stare. Wow way to actually try to be nice. I guess it didn't matter as long as I was the commissioner's assistant I didn't need to take orders from no one but the boss.

"Ok you guys may get to know my son or get back to work " I return to my seat along with some other detectives and officers. There was a small group of people chatting with Devin and Mr.Gordon. I was currently checking the files making sure they were all in alphabetical order. I heard a some footsteps and a couple of voices heading my way. I looked up seeing my boss and Devin  making there way to my desk.

"Ms.pida will you please come see me in my office" Shoot I'm getting fired.

I quickly got up from my desk and walked behind Devin, dang this boy is tall, I couldn't even see anything standing behind him. We finally made it to the office. I waited for boss to sit down while me and Devin were standing.

"Devin I would like you to introduce you to Stacey she's been my assistant for as long I can remember" I smile at how much pride  The commissioner had when saying that. I turned to shake hands with Devin.

"Pleasure to meet you Stacey" the handshake was awkward. It was mostly me doing the shake, I made eye contact with him only to get his eyes rolled at me. Ok two can play this game. When we were done shaking hands;I looked at my hand and rubbed it against my thigh making it seem like his hands were dirty. I heard Devin scoff then Mr.Gordon cleared his throat getting rid of the tension.

"Stacey as you know I am close to retirement and all that other stuff from my announcement earlier" he took a slight pause before continuing.

"You are a great worker Stacey that is why I am assigning you to my son-"

"What?No no no sir please,why?" I was confused.

" Im sorry sir but I don't understand " I regain my poster creasing my eyebrows.

"With all due respect Dad I think I'll be able to handle my own... besides I don't need an massistant that's going to be bicthy as her" Devin semi yelled.   WHY I NEVER !

"How am I being the bicthy one ? all I done was give you a warm smile and your acting like you caught a dildo in the crack of your ass!? If ANYONE is acting bicthy it's you!"

Devin was getting ready to say something but Mr.Gordon interrupted.

"Devin please leave and I'll talk to you later" As Devin was making his way out he mumbled.

"I hope he fires your ass"

"LEAVE NOW DEVIN"Mr.Gordon blurted out.

He then looked at the picture frames behind he and grabbed the one with him and my father in it.

"Listen Stacey I made a promise to your father to take care of you" he make eye contact with me then continued to speak.

"And I think I've been doing that well. I made sure you had everything you needed,I got you a place to stay, food and this job."

"I know sir in which I'm thank God everyday for" I added my little comment.

"I want YOU to be my sons assistant because I know you'll get the job done right. You are very smart and talented Stacey and I know you'll help Devin at the best of your abilities"

I didn't know what to think, but I really needed this job it's the only thing that is keeping me financially stable besides Mr.Gordon's helping hand.

"But sir I'm afraid that he'll fire me.." I looked up at the ceiling waiting for his response to reassure me that everything will be okay.

"Don't worry Stacey he doesn't have the right to fire you after all I'm the one that's signing your paycheck not him" I gave Mr.Gordon a small smile.

"Thank you sir"

"No problem, you are dismissed" I turned around getting ready to open the door until I heard Mr.Gordon called my name.

"Yes sir?"

"Him not being able to fire you doesn't mean that you don't do your job. He'll be reporting to me anything that you do so I expect you to assist him as to how you assisted me"

"....yes sir"

"When you leave out that door can you please call my son back up in here; hopefully he found his mind " Mr.Gordon sighed.

"Will do sir"