Two

"Lance, not that I don't trust you, I totally do, but do we really have to sneak out?" Hunk questioned for what felt like the millionth time. He was fidgeting nervously, watching Lance tuck Allura into his backpack with an unbelievable amount of care.

"Yes, Hunk, c'mon! You heard Iverson, we need to work as a team, so let's all bond. You and me grab Pidge and hit the town all weekend, they won't miss us as long as we're back by roll call Monday."

"But, what if-"

"Hunk. We came to the Garrison for adventure, didn't we? We came to make our lives about exploring and knowledge, don't we deserve just a little bit of time off? And that new restaurant you were excited about is the first stop on our list!" Lance smiled as the statement seemed to cheer Hunk up. "Grab enough clothes for tomorrow and Sunday, okay?"

"Okay."

--

As they exited their dorm, Hunk in his favorite yellow shirt and Lance wearing an old jacket that Mom had given him. It was easy to get past the security system and to Pidge's single dorm- Lance was jealous of him at first, but Hunk was the best roommate, so it hardly bothered him anymore.

They had just gotten to Pidge's hallway when they saw the guy sneaking out! Hunk tried to call out for him, but something about the secretive way he walked made Lance want to snoop. "Shh," he murmured, tiptoeing forward. Hunk gave him another look of incredulity, but the pilot ignored it.

Pidge walked slowly, carefully, to the staircase that led to the roof of the building- Lance knew that because he snuck up there often to watch the stars- and stole up there, his bulky backpack weighing on him so much that he seemed to lean backwards. It was comical, almost, so Lance made them stop and watch as Pidge snuck up the stairs and onto the roof. They waited about five minutes before sneaking up after him. Hunk went first, glancing back every so often at Lance.

"This is a bad idea," Hunk whined.

"Keep going," Lance ordered in reply. Hunk continued to grumble. "Tsuyoshi! Just go up the stairs so we can bond with our friend and be a better team!"

"I'm going!" The grumbling quieted, and they continued in silence.

-

Pidge was sitting, surrounded by equipment, with huge headphones sitting on his head. Lance snuck up behind him. "So!" He started, grinning when Pidge jumped. Hunk's worry was forgotten at the sight of the homemade equipment. "Trying to pick up next week's exam answers?"

"No, Lance, some of us are actually smart."

"Hey, I'm smart! I just... have trouble with words."

"What are you guys- hands off my equipment - what are you even doing here?"

"Looking for you. Pack your cryptids, pigeon, we're going on an adventure."

"Uh, no. I'm busy."

"Doing what? Listening to Iverson whine about the best pilot of his teaching career getting kicked out and leaving him with me?" Pidge looked at him with a pout before sighing.

"No. You're not actually terrible, Iverson's just a dick. Hunk, stop touching my equipment !"

"Aww, Pidgey, you actually like me! You small bean, I knew-"

"Lance, shut up. Anyway, I've been listening in on radio waves and picking up alien chatter."

"Shit, Mothman's real."

"Lance! Seriously! They're talking about something, some kind of weapon I think, Voltron, and they want it found."

"Pidge, don't be ridiculous." Lance glanced up at the stars. For a second, he thought he saw something. An enormous, multi-colored robot, separating into five pieces and bursting away. Find me , one piece urged. "There aren't any lions in space."

"No one said anything about lions, dumbass. I'm talking about Vol-" Pidge's response was interrupted by a shuddering boom and a flash of white light, followed by the school's siren wailing. Hunk looked over at Lance warily, and Lance grinned manically in return. "-tron... What the hell?"

"That's an adventure right there. Screw the town, let's go check it out!"

"Lance, I don't think that-"

"Let's do it." Hunk groaned.

"Pidge, not you too!"