Bad Hair Day (Ashton Irwin One Shot)

Hi! My name is Alex. I'm 18 years old and I live in Brighton, England. I have long, light brown hair. Well it's not my own hair. I have to use a wig. I know you all think now that I have a cancer, but no I don't. I have a disease called alopecia universalis. It means that I have no hair or eyebrows or eyelashes or leghair or any hair anywhere.

When I'm home, I usually don't use a wig, but when I go out in public, I always use a wig and draw my eyebrows. I'm pretty self-conscious person and it stresses me out that, what if someone notices that I don't have eyelashes? Or that my eyebrows are drawn? Or that someone grabs my hair accidentally and my wig falls? Or something. But there's also a good side to this disease; I don't have to worry about shaving.

I have told about my disease only to my few closest friends and my family, so I can be around them without using a wig or makeup.

I also have a boyfriend. Ashton is his name. He is a total sweetheart. He's funny, cute and caring. I really do like him and I fall deeper and deeper for him, every time I see or think about him. His smile, his eyes, his dimples, his everything.

Ashton doesn't know about my disease yet though, and I'm kind of suprised that he hasn't noticed anything yet. I mean we have kissed and all so he has been close enough to my face to notice that I don't have eyebrows or eyelashes. But I'm quite relieved he hadn't noticed yet and if he has, he hasn't brought it up.

Today is our one month anniversary. He wanted to take me out on a date. He didn't tell me where we were going, so I had no idea what he had planned for us.

I've planned on telling him today about my disease. And I'm so nervous about his reaction. Will he break up with me cause he doesn't want to be with someone like me? Will he think I look ugly? Will he just walk away and never talk to me again?

But somewhere inside me there was a little voice that told me he will understand and that we will still be together and that everything will be okay. But that voice got drowned under all of those fearful thoughts.

It was 5 o'clock now and Ashton said he's going to pick me up at seven, so I started getting ready. I took a shower and dried my body. Then I went to choose something to wear. It was a warm summer night. I decided to wear a light blue dress with a light yellow cardigan to make it look not-so-festive, since Ahton told me to wear something cute but casual. I left my hair open and curled it. Then I did my make up. I put on a bit of foundation, powder and blush. Then I drew my eyebrows, put on some eyeliner.

By the time I was ready, it was 6.45 pm. I knew that Ashton is gonna be here any minute. I quickly grabbed my phone, wallet and keys and put them to my handbag.

Then suddenly, I heard a loud knock from the door and the butterflies in my stomach doubled or maybe tripled. Slowly I walked to the door and opened it. When the door was fully opened, I looked up and saw ever so handsome and cute Ashton standing there, with a huge smile, dimlpes setting deeply to his cheeks. I instantly smiled back.

"Wow. You look stunning" Ashton said when he saw me.

"Hello to you too" I said giggling a bit and blushing furiously about his comment. It also made me worried that it was the last time I heard him saying that to me.

"But thanks" I added.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

"Yeah" I said, slipping on my heels and locking the door behind us.

We walked to his car and he blindfolded me and then started driving. I had absolutely no idea where we were going.

After about ten minutes drive, Ashton stopped the car. He then walked around the car and helped me out. He wrapped one arm around my waist and we started walking.