Prologue

There was a fire everywhere. She looked all around, trying to spot her family.
"Mom?! Dad?! Where are you?!" She yelled. She couldn't see anything except for the brilliant flames all around her, coughing from the smoke in her lungs occasionally. She started sobbing, running around the burning walls of fire that didn't seem like they would be put out any time soon. She tried to escape without being burned, but failed as she cried out in pain. She looked down at her arms and legs to see burn marks. She started running faster and faster, finally seeing a light that wasn't the brilliant red and orange glow of the fire. She ran for that light, finally escaping the fire. She didn't stop running until she was far enough away that she wouldn't get hurt anymore than she already was.
There in front of her, was her childhood home, burning to ash with her family still inside.
"Mom! Dad! No!" She screamed, coughing more now that she was free from the fire and smoke. She started hacking from coughing so hard. She saw black spots in her vision. She was passing out from smoke inhalation. But just before she completely blacked out, she saw a black figure coming towards her, saying, "Haven! Stay with me!" Then, she gave into temptation and blacked out.
Seeing her laying there in his arms was something he thought he wanted. It was. Just not after her house had just caught fire with her whole life inside; not after her parents had just died before her eyes. He wanted her to come to him of her own free will. His safe Haven, She is so beautiful, he thought despite what had just happened-and was still happening-to her entire life. He couldn't help but feel like it was his fault for this. He thought it was his fault that Haven's whole life just went up in flames. However, that is not the case. He is the reason she is alive right now, although neither people know this. Little did Haven know, but she was destined for great things with this man that she seemingly has no clue about. This man would be her salvation, and she his. She just has to awaken, but lying there in his arms, although she does not know it, she feels at peace.