| Cheat

"Oh shi...sugar!" You shouted running into your bedroom. It was ten minutes until the start of your boyfriend's lacrosse game, you should already be there. But you weren't. You had fallen asleep while watching a movie which turned out to be boring - despite the many reviews saying it was the best film yet. It clearly wasn't. But you had about... minus ten minutes to get ready and be at the game. Shame that wasn't going to happen. If only you had a time turner...

You ran into your bed and knocked over your lamp, you stumbled about trying to pick it up. When you finally put it back, and made sure it worked you grabbed some nice jeans, and a hoodie that Brett had left at yours. You changed into them, almost knocking the lamp over again trying to put your jeans on.

You brushed your hair and sighed, if you had had the time you would have curled or straightened it, but that option was out the window. You quickly pulled on your shoes and ran down stairs. You forgot your phone. You ran back up, threw open your door and clumsily picked up your phone. It was ringing, it was Brett.

"Hey where are you?" He asked, "The game's starting in a minute!"
"I know I'm sorry, I fell asleep. I'm literally in the car right now!" You said, looking at the fridge. You were hungry....

"Okay, just be careful okay? Love you!" He replied, thinking you were driving.

"Love you too." You replied quickly before hanging up. You were about to get in the car, but you stomach won and you had to get some crisps (chips or whatever you call 'em) You sat on the stool and quickly ate them while singing to the music that had come on the Tv.

Once you'd finished your crisps (chips or whatever) you turned off the Tv and grabbed your keys. You locked the door and stopped, your phone was on the counter. You ran up the path, opened the door, grabbed your phone and then repeated the process. Although this time you made it to the car.

You climbed in and started the music and the engine. Then pulled away from the drive.

When you finally got to Devenford Prep you could hear the shouts coming from the field. You quickly climbed out and locked your car. You walked over the car park to the other side and joined onto the path. You walked along, the shouts getting louder until finally the whistle blew. You were expecting to meet Brett as he ran to the side line for a drink, but he wasn't looking for you.

Brett sat beside a girl who you didn't recognize. Then he saw you watching and waved you over, thinking nothing of it you joined them. You said hi to the girl, who then left without saying a word. "What's wrong with her?" you asked.

Brett shrugged, "I don't know." He leaned over and kissed your cheek, you smiled and put your arms around him.

"I'm sorry for being late," You said into his neck, Brett laughed lightly and you felt it on your neck.

"Don't worry about It, your here now." Brett replied, smiling, "Anyway, I need to be back on. Wish me luck."

"You don't need luck." You said as he stood up, he winked and worked his way back to the coach. You smiled and watched him as he began getting ready to play again. Though you could see the girl in your eye line just to your left and wished that she would just go. She wasn't a threat, Brett would never cheat on you, but she was getting a little annoying. Even just sitting their she was getting on your nerves.

Brett scored a goal and brought you back from your thoughts of the girl, who you wished would just leave. You jumped up from the bench and cheered louder than anyone else, Brett winked at you and turned to the game. You sat back down as your insides felt all warm (let me just ... cringe)

***

When the game was finally over you couldn't wait to run and give Brett a hug, he wrapped his arms around you.