Chapter One

Although the sun was shining, I wasen't having the best day. I felt guilty when my co- worker, Olivia, had asked me how my weekend was that Monday morning. I felt obligated to lie to her and say something fun or happy, but I couldn't. Instead I just responded with a short, "It was okay." She gave a strange look before attending to the costumer that had been waiting at the front desk since I arrived just a moment ago. 

I went the entire day avoiding Olivia's question, pretending to be busy with the very few costumers we had. But after all-- it was a Monday night, which meant we weren't very busy so she eventually caught onto my bullshit and pulled me to the backroom just before my shift was over. 

"Tell me how your weekend really was, Anna." Her deep grey eyes were full of concern and I almost broke down crying right in front of her. 

"It was okay." I responded for the second time today. I gave her a pleading look and she let me go. I walked out into the crisp London air. All I had was my pullover knit- sweater over my baby blue polo that matched my black dress pants. The work attire was quite boring and I almost got sick of seeing it everyday considering there were so many employee's running around at The Late Night Inn. It wasn't very busy during the week except for the few men and women on business trips during the week, which I was thankful for, and at least I didn't have to work weekends .

It was nearly dusk, and soon the daylight would be gone, but I took my time walking home. Taking in the scenery of London. I only had a few more months here, after all. Soon enough, the street lights flickered on and a light snow began to fall through the late- November air.

I made my way up the stairs to my flat, which I kept generally clean for the most part. Except the laundry room. I'd always hated doing laundry-- and the dishes. Oh, I dreaded that but luckily the flat came with a dishwasher which made my life 10x easier.

I stripped off my work clothes and threw on my last pair of clean pajamas. I cursed at myself for not doing laundry over the weekend but giving myself a break, considering the events that had occurred just this past weekend.

I curled up under the warm covers of my bed and drifted off into sleep after thinking of the past few days.

(Sorry it's short, but please VOTE AND COMMENT what you think and if I should continue this story! Thanks! )