Chapter V- Reality

"The greatest self-change occurs in the quiet solitude with yourself as the mentor." - SA_Write

--------------------------------------------------------

Draco stood outside his potions classroom his mind in bit mix. You see, normally Draco wouldn't have tolerated being insulted but this particular insult was something that he had been calling himself for the past few years.

Monster, it seemed to be the only word that he truly believed himself to be now. His past was something that had defined him, that had shaped him. And it was something that he had refused to forget.

He didn't know what to do with this fact. He had reminded himself this fact every living second of his life but it had really hit home coming from someone else. But he couldn't really hold that thought for too long because if he did he would never change and that was not the option this time.

Draco shook his head and saw his herbology professor approaching.

"Mr. Malfoy is something wrong?" Professor Sprout rose an eyebrow at him. "if hope you are not up at to trouble, are you?" She glared at him. Draco and the herbology teacher didn't have a bad past like she made it seem though, she had always supported potter more than she even bothered to think about him.

"No professor" he slightly shook his head at the smaller women.

"Then why are you not in class Mr. Malfoy?" She stuffed her crumbled up handkerchief into her bag then looked up at him waiting for an answer.

"I was waiting for Blaise, he asked me to wait here for him." He replied giving her only what she needed to know.

"Very well but class is about to start. Do not be late to your classes." Her voice was stern but she finally left him alone.

Draco stood there a little longer waiting for his friend, who promised to see him here.

"Draco." His friend arrived at the hall behind him, panting against the strain of running.

"I'd say you're late but that would be understatement of the year." Draco rolled eyes at his friend. "Now, can we get to class before someone else pesters me about it."

Blaise reached forward and grabbed his friend's elbow. "Wait-" he bent his head forward and screamed like a madman.

"ack, stop screaming you idiot. Did all that running melt your brain?" Draco slapped his friend's hand off and moved back. "Where were you for so long? Fell asleep in the halls? Or something like that."

"No, crashed into a friend of mine though." Blaise straightened and smirked at his friend.

"Which one?" Draco questioned.

"The one you don't know about." He grinned.

"Oh, ok." Draco turned around and started walking.

"Hey! Don't you want to know who it is."

"Not interested."

"all right saves me the energy of telling you."

"we are three minutes late for class." Draco thrust his wrist watch towards his smug friend.

Blaise grabbed Draco's wrist and dragged him towards class. "Run!" He screamed again.

--------------------------

They arrived to class a few minutes later. One could say that their professor was not happy at all. They ended up with detention for two days.

Theo was already in class sitting right behind the golden trio. When they walked by, Potter and Weasley graciously blessed them with a glare and Granger decided to continue taking notes over giving them any attention.

Draco did not glare back at the trio, this was his chance to change. It would be hard to demolish and rebuild views that were drilled into his since birth, especially when some of his old beliefs were something that he himself looked up to.

He was beginning to change.