The Untold

He who must not be named, Voldemort. Evil, feared, villainous. I could have turned out different though, if my mother had raised me. As a small child my mother left me at the orphanage. She descended from Salazar Slitherin, but I have muggle blood in my veins too. Perhaps my Mum thought she might never find love, because she used a love potion to bewitch my muggle father. She knew that he didn't love her, but she desperately loved him. After getting pregnant, she stopped using the potion in hopes that he might fall in love with her, but it was unsuccessful. He left his wife, pregnant and hopeless. The poor man, after being under a love potion for so many years, never experienced true love and was later killed by Tom. The abandonment of my father fueled my pure hatred for muggles. After a few years of living at the orphanage, "things" started happening, stuff I couldn't explain. Snakes spoke to me, animals did what I told them, and the children...I could hurt them if I wanted. A few weeks after this began, he came. Dumbledore the great, Dumbledore the powerful, Dumbledore the bane of my existence. At the time I considered him my hero, the one who finally rescued me.

      Brilliant, studious, genius, all accurately described me. Not to brag, just to tell the truth. One of my greatest achievements was my first horcrux, which I made at age 16. Thank you Professor Slughorn, for that essential information. I would imagine that you are probably thinking; "why?" which brings me back to my father. Not only did I kill him; I also murdered his father and mother. As a student at the time it was easy to blame my uncle a fellow wizard. I graduated Hogwarts as Head Boy, received a Medal for Magical Merit, and considered one of the most brilliant students to ever attend Hogwarts. I wanted to become a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, but I got shot down by Dumbledore. Even though the Ministry of Magic offered me multiple jobs, I decided to work at Borgin and Burkes. After I got turned down once again for Defense of Dark Arts position, I heard of the prophecy. Sybill's prophecy said and I quote: "The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...." My one fear, death his self (See the Tales of Beatles the Bard for reference) got confirmed that day. I knew that this prophecy must not come true, and to do so the child must die. So I started to gather my forces, which mostly consisted of pure-bloods. Despite the fact that I disliked half-bloods, if a non-pure-blood witch or wizard showed true talent I allowed them to become a Death Eater. Wormtail, as much as I hate to say it one of my most loyal Death Eaters. He disclosed Lily and James Potter's save haven. I struck on Hallowe'en in the year 1981. The plan went as follows: In, kill the child and maybe the parents, out. That way there wouldn't have any police issues. (you know muggles) The parents ruined it, my night that was supposed to prove I was unstoppable. That night, I proved the opposite. The one aspect I didn't consider became the bane of my existence. I walked in and they stood there unarmed and BAM! I had to kill that father because he insisted on interfering. Now the mother could have lived, but she refused to back down. Once I killed her, I knew what much come next. I approached the crying child, he seemed almost to innocent for me to kill. HA! As if. Either him or me.

       Love. The word bitter in my mouth. Dead. I almost died because of it. Not metaphorically speaking, but literally. That night, came my downfall. I knew I needed to lie low and conserve my power. Almost all of my effort, wasted on Harry who walked away with only a scar. Once again, Wormtail saved me. Out of all the Death Eaters that hadn't gotten put in Azcaban, it was he who sought me out. I knew that it could prove a difficult task, killing him. So I lied low planning. Then Barty Crouch Jr. provided me with a wonderful opportunity. The Triwizards tournament was happening again, and he had captured Moody who happened to teaching the next year. Barty went to Hogwarts as Mad Eye and helped to guide Harry into my clutches. But of course he had to bring the boy with him. That night, ran smoothly until I discovered the fact that I could not defeat Harry with a wand that has a brothering core. In this case the phoenix had given two feathers and our cores matched. Outrage, a huge outrage. What are the odds that our wands would have the same core? During my confusion he fought back and escaped with the spares body.