Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen: "A Family Affiar."

Akira:

The rest of the night, I couldn't take my eyes off Chresanto. I would stand beside him, a glass of wine in my hand. His arm stayed wrapped around my waist, while he spoke to people. Sometimes I would listen to what they were speaking about, but I was trapped in my own thoughts.

Chresanto and I are together now? Like....for real? It took a while to sink in. I stood there silently, having Chresanto look at me with concern.

"Are you alright?" He whispered into my ear. I nodded, smiling slightly.

"Do you want to head home? It's already a quarter past 12, plus we have to get ready for the family reunion." As that thought entered his mind he suddenly became irritated.

"I didn't even think about the reunion. We have to pack and also get up early." He pinched the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes tightly. I couldn't help but chuckle, which seemed to snap him out of his moment. He grinned at me, a questioning look in his eyes.

"May I ask what is so funny?" He inquired, only making me chuckle a bit more.

"You stress out so easily." I observed, patting his shoulder, "It's alright. Let's just head home now and pack when we get there?" I stepped out of his grip and set the glass of wine down on a table near by. As I was doing so I met eyes with someone.

"Oh, hey Justin." I chimed smiling slightly. He gives me such bad vibes, but it is the dudes birthday. I'm not gonna be rude to him on his birthday. I glanced behind me to see Chresanto speaking to a business partner. I looked back at Justin and he grinned. He picked up the glass I just set down, half full, pouring it into his own cup.

"If I heard correctly," Justin began staring down at the wine in his cup, "You're leaving?" He kept his eyes down on the wine, shaking the glass around a bit. I nodded, though he couldn't see me at this moment.

"Yes," I answered, "We have somewhere to be tomorrow so we can't be out too late." Justin looked up at me and bobbed his head slowly, clearly thinking deeply.

"Well, thank you for coming Akira. Tell Chresanto I said thank you."

"No problem, thank you for having us." I waved awkwardly and walked back towards Chresanto.

*~*~*~*

"So you guys are a thing now?!" Kyle almost screamed as he threw his suitcase into the truck of Chresanto's car. I looked down at the ground, my cheeks heating up.

"Finally! I was getting really tired of the games you two were planning." He commented, shutting the truck of the car. He crossed his arms over his chest and sighed. He looked over at Chresanto, a serious look taking over his young features. He looked almost a few years older. He took slow steps towards Chresanto who was just as confused as I was.

Kyle set a hand on Chresanto shoulder, looking up at him with a small grin.

"Now listen to me here," Kyle started bringing his voice down many octaves, "You take care of her, ya'hear?" I bit down on my lip to keep in the laughter that was going to leave my lips at any moment. As Chresanto glared at Kyle, who showed an unwavering smile. I rolled my eyes, moving away from the scene and around the car to the passenger's seat. I opened the door and slid in, closing the door behind me softly. It wasn't long before I heard two more doors opening and closing.

Chresanto has been trying to hide his fear when it comes to facing his family, but he hasn't been doing the best. I noticed the small things, like how he would tap the steering wheel repeatedly as he waited for everyone to get buckled. He bit his lip a lot , along with zoning out at breakfast. Of course he's gonna be nervous, what else is expected. We had quite a way to go. His family lived in the southern area of New York.