When it all fell down Prt. 1

2014

Kaleb 'KY'

Damn, where the hell is that tie? I said to myself as I paced back & forth in my walk in closet. I can't believe that my boo gonna be in my sights after all this time. I've been missing him like crazy, I can't wait to get today over with. The last four years have been hard as hell with Nox throwing his weight around & keeping HD away like this. For the most part I stayed loyal but I did break code when my lil man was born. HD was nervous as hell when MO was born but luckily I was close enough to VA. that I was able to be there for him as Jefe covered for my ass. Since communication is kept to a minimum during out of town transactions​ I didn't have to "report in" until after the job was done. Thanks to Jefe I was able to be there for MO's birth and make it back to Charlotte before the transaction actually went down. What I didn't tell Jefe thou was the fact of the real reason I went to VA.... Not that it will be a secret much longer once the Hawthornes gather together tonight. I just hope everything goes over smoothly for HD's sake, he has been so nervous about confronting Nox giving how things were left when Nox dropped HD & Austin down in VA. Four years ago. Finally I say to myself as I find the tie hanging on the hanger with my suit jacket. I snatch it off and immediately begin to set it around my neck and tie it up perfectly... I hate getting dressed up but as my boo would say "My dude gotta be able to pull off being a king & a commoner, a beast & a gentlemen" lol damn I miss him so much. I easily break out of my reminiscent thoughts as soon I'll have him in my arms & won't let him out of my sights this time. After I finish getting myself together I head out & on my way to the banquet hall that was holding the actual dinner, I know I should just head to the firm first to meet up with everyone for the ribbon cutting but I wanted to give Horus a minute with his family to reconnect with them before I pull him back up under my wing. As I continue to think about Horus my phone starts ringing & it's Jefe. Now Jefe is friends with Horus but he has a deeper purpose with the organization. Jefe's dad along with my dad & HD's dad were the original Ring of Thornes. My dad trained up all the block boys as well as all those who put in that gun work while jefe's dad was the connect & Mr. Hawthorne was the brains. They was running NYC on the low as they had their hands in every other crime organization within the Kingdom, wasn't nothing moving without ROT approval. Jefe came up with Horus & Austin but as an only child it was natural that Jefe inherit his pops seat by default. Imagine my surprise when his little pampered ass wanted to get down and be shown the ropes like HD did, Jefe had a hard time adjusting to being a pup as he was groomed to be a king. Where he struggled HD flourished & took the streets easier than he did trying to be a prince of the city, guess with Nox already in position to be the new king I guess he had no interest in being groomed in that light. "Speak pup" I say into my phone as I round the corner. "Yo we out, we heading to the firm now. Nox said to meet us there" Jefe said nonchalantly... He been acting weird lately. "Naw imma just meet y'all at the Hall man, a goon like me ain't needed to rub shoulders with the squares" I respond as I hit the gas and whip thru the streets like a mad man. "Well damn if that's the case I shouldn't be there either" he says slightly disappointed. "Naw u need to meet some of these people, as ya pops legacy u need to be seen amongst the Fam feel me... Y'all royalty" I say trying to syke him up. "If u say so man, anyway any word from my boy yet" he asks about Horus with a hint of an attitude in his voice. "Naw but I know he suppose to meet y'all at the Firm" I said not even giving into his BS. Jefe and HD may be friends but Jefe always been secretly jealous of Horus, I been peeped that. "Oh aight, this a big night for y'all too huh? U gonna hit him with that ring tonight or naw" his ass said in a hateful way. "Maybe, why u got a problem or something" I say as I try to control my temper as it starts to rise. "Naw no problem big dawg, just curious as to how this night gonna play out is all" he said as I heard Fussing in the background.. sounds like Savannah and Davina lol I swear those two always bitching at each other. "Well look we all in the whip now heading over, I guess we will meet you at the Hall then" he spat & hung up the phone. I don't know why but that right there sent a chill up my spine that I can't even explain.

Jefe

Damn I can't stand his ass sometimes, all this work I been putting in, all the BS I had to endure from him all cause he feel some type of way over how shyt went down 4 years ago. I been holding this fool down in almost every way I could other than fucking his brains out... Yea this dude got it bad for HD but I ain't know a nigga really was gonna deny himself sexually for 4 years. That's that dedication & no matter how much I tried to get him to "step out" on HD he wouldn't. Dude been in my way for too long & I swear I don't know what Horus sees in his big ole gorilla looking ass. I sink back into the passenger seat and realize that once HD gets here I'll lose my spot as KY's right hand man, I mean fuck that dude frfr but my position came with perks I'm not ready to part with. Yea like he always say imma King myself but Kings don't put in work & that's what I'm good at. I been tryna prove that I got what it takes to be the new ROTTWyld since Horus not only turned into a dad on us but a square... "Hey Jefe, JEFE" Savannah yelled snapping me out of my thoughts. "My bad Vannah wassup" I say I don't even know why she was calling me. "I said are u excited to see Horus" she said with a warm smile on her face, I wanted to say naw I don't wanna see him & KY all boo'd up but I just replied "Yea, I haven't seen my bro in 4 years and I'm ready to do it up ROTTBoi style".
Once we pulled up to the firm I had this feeling that things were gonna be either real good or real bad... I just hope things go the way I planned, I put too much thought into it & I'm ready for the fall out. Hopefully when it's all said & done I'll be the one walking out with Horus on my arm....

Sorry for the short chapter, had too much I was trying to put in this chapter so I just broke it down into 2... I promise the drama bout to kick up lol I didn't wanna jump straight into it so stay tuned for 'Hero it all falls down Prt. 2'