Chapter 46

It had been a couple of weeks since everything happen. Nicole was still at Ramos and Stanton house. But it was time for the team to hit the road again. Their first 2 games weren't that far away. They were headed to Tampa. 

Text from Yelich - Hey Manny is asking if you are still going on the road with us.

Nicole: Ill be at the Tampa games like promised.

Yelich: What about the wives game?

Nicole: Yes count me in still. 

Nicole hadn't completely shut out Christian. They still needed to have a talk. She needed to know what had happened, not that she wanted to know but the talk would either give her closer to move on with her life or give her a piece of mind to possible try to fix things with him. 

~*~

TampaBay Rays vs Miami Marlins Wives game:

Not all the wives played, Koehler's sister joined in the games too. The hardest part for Nicole was putting on the Yelich jersey since all the girls were representing 'their player'. Nicole had a good arm so she knew being in center field wasn't gonna be a big deal if the ball even made it out there. Not that it was even a full field, they make it smaller for the wife games. Even 1st 2nd and 3rd base are closer together on a smaller diamond.

Some of the players sat in the dugout watching the game and cheering on the ladies. Of course Christian was there watching. Nicole made it onto base a few times. Ozuna's wife had hit a homerun bringing in 2 runs, which Nicole was part of. 

All in all the game was good. But the Marlins Wives lost. 

"Let me take you to dinner tonight" Yelich told Nicole

Nicole just looked at him. She knew some of the other players were watching them interact. "Fine, but this isn't a date."

"As whatever you want it to be" Yelich leaned down and kissed her on the cheek

The ladies were taken up to a suite to enjoy the game. Within the first inning Christian was ejected from the game for arguing a call with the umpire. Shortly after Mattingly was ejected as well. 

~*~*~

Dinner: 

"you look beautiful" Christian told her

"Thank you" Nicole smiled 

They talked about the game and random things throughout dinner, then decided they would go walking around this little park area near the teams hotel

"You know we have to talk about what happened, and whats happening" Nicole looked at him

"I know. Whenever your ready to talk." Christian replied

Nicole sat on a bench bracing herself for what was going to come next "Well not to ruin a good night but lets have the conversation like adults.. We both have questions that need to be answered."

"Do you want to me to go first?" Christian sat down next to her

"How?" was all Nicole asked

Christian looked at her. He could tell she was trying not to cry. It took a few moments before he spoke

"Christian don't make me say it" Nicole was looking at the ground, she would cry in her room alone tonight 

"Sorry love. Theres no big dramatic story to it. I fucked up, there was a lot going on, I had a few drinks. Thing just got out of control. Im not lying to you. Im owning up to it. As much as it hurts you it hurts me even more knowing that I broke you. But I want you to know that video that was going around twitter isn't me, my lawyers are working on it." Christian was just rambling on trying to get everything out before Nicole stopped him or walked away "You know I love you, and I can't say I'm Sorry enough."

"Okay." Nicole breathed. 

They just sat there for some time. Yelich letting her process whatever she was thinking of. 

20 mins later- 

"I suppose you want to know whats going on with me and Aj" Nicole turned to him

Yelich didn't say anything.. he wasn't sure if he wanted to hear her say they were now dating. But she listen to him tell her how he cheated on her, something that destroyed them both so he would sit there and listen to whatever she told him.

"I love you Christian. I really do. Im just not sure if I can go back with you yet. I knew at the start of this relationship that something like this could possibly happen. He'll I was an employee for the stadium who saw all the wives and girlfriends picking up tickets all the time" Nicole started out like if she had been practicing this speech. 

"AJ and I aren't in a relationship if thats what you've been thinking. He has been there for me, taken care of me. And Im not going to lie to you either about stuff that has gone on. Have we slept together, yes. But not in that sense, we shared a bed a few times but thats cause he was my support while I cried myself to sleep at night. Have we done anything sexual, no, but we have kissed. -" 

Christian cut her off "Do you have feelings for him?"

"Yes" Nicole answered "But I love you. He knows that I have feelings for him as well, we've talked about it just like how we are talking now. Im not sure to what extent my feelings for him are, Im sure it goes back to my employee days were the same 'I like him' were just like they were for you." Nicole moved closer to Yelich and laced her fingers with his. "I need you to understand that I need time to heal and he has been there for me. For all I know these feelings I have for him are nothing."

"I understand." Yelich told her

"We will work at whatever comes next together but we are starting over, as friends just like back when we first started talking. I forgive you" Nicole kissed him on the lips 

"I love you." Yelich told her

"I love you too" Nicole said back

"I understand if you want to go out on dates with AJ to. Im not going to get in the way. But Im not giving up on you." Yelich said

"Oh god this is going to turn into Brother Husbands isn't it" Nicole joked

Christian laughed "Im guessing you need to go have a conversation with Ramos next"

Nicole stood up and they walked back to the hotel holding hands.