5

😳🤗 pls vote like enjoy***

Waking up the next morning Ed first task was watering the flower out front, he then did a few chores he thought could help Mandy while he was gone for the day. The night before Ed had made his way back to the school just before Mr Lee could retired to the other part of the house and informed him of his new job, the older man offered his congratulations and Ed could tell from the earnest look in his eyes that he meant every word, after the conversation they had on his first morning at the karate school the older man had kept to his word and had not questioned Ed about his life prior to his arrival to the school.

"So how  did it go with the lady from the park yesterday?" Mandy's voice accosted him as he made his way pass her little office cubicle on his way to the kitchen .

" I think she likes me and want me to stay on "

"You're kidding , I mean she hardly kn--- ow , I meant she only just met you Ed, I didn't mean to insinuate -- I know Lee asked me to let you have your space and I will respect that , am just surprise she hired you with no references-- "

Ed smiled down at Mandy before replying, " You sell your self short Mandy , am sure she thought your card  and  meeting you was  good enough reference and probably since the school already has a pretty good rep in this neighborhood she figured I was good enough I guess, and I understand about the other stuff and I really do appreciate you keeping your word to Lee , but you don't need to watch what you say around me , I really don't mind".

Mandy heaved a sigh of relief, she did not want to be misunderstood by the kid, she had always thought he was really a nice boy even if he was a little on the quite side not that she mind .

"Am glad you finally have something to keep you busy for now. Do let me know if you need any thing from me OK?"

"Thanks Mandy".

"So am guessing you'll be off ?"

"Yes as soon as I get some thing to eat" Ed said as he made his way toward the kitchen.

"You are early today, do you have a-lot to do? Lee isn't working you to hard?"

      " Oh no no I just have some things to finish up in silence before classes starts for the day".

Ed paused at the entrance to the kitchen and gave Mandy a nod understanding what she meant, the classes did get quit loud most times.

Ed found his way back to Stella's place with ease, halting at the door he drew a long breath before ringing the bell,  few seconds later Stella who seem no way dressed for work in a comfortable kimono opened the door to let him in.

"You are five minutes early not that I mind. Do come in " Closing the door behind him Stella gave him a smile as she made her way towards the stars.

"Sam is still upstairs I will like you to to meet before Lucy wakes". She said over her shoulder, to Ed who was now  behind her and they made their way to the second  floor. Stella open the door to her room and stepped in, few seconds of murmuring speech and a tall ,dark well built man of about six two steps  out to the corridor, his light blue eyes scrutinized the young man who stood before him. Running his hand through sandy brown hair Sam shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

Ed could finally see where Lucy got her beautiful eye and her sandy gold locks, the man standing before him, was in contrast to his wife  with her dark hair and brown eyes ,who at this time had stepped out of their room and standing beside her husband, just tall enough to reach his shoulder.

"So you must be Ed, is that short for any thing  or ---?" Sam asked as he stretched out his hand to the younger man.

" Eadmund sir" Ed said as he griped Sam's hand in a very firm hand shake.

"We've never had a male nanny before". Sam said his gaze never leaving Ed's face, "but if my wife says you're good I will take her word for it, she a better judge of people than I am, working with all kinds of criminal all year round can do that."

Ed look shifted from a  polite smile to one of curiosity.

"Oh and am lawyer, a state attorney". Stella put in to answer Ed's questioning look. 

"Sam is right I think you will do just fine". She gave him reassuring smile.

" That's it then, I guess you welcome to our home" Sam added turning to head back to their room.

Stopping he turned around to take one more look Ed before saying " Please let me know if you need anything Eadmund, that's if you cannot reach Stella, she will give you my personal phone number and a number to the offices so you can reach me in an emergency."

Ed only nods his head in response and watched Sam walk away, he had a felling Sam will need some time to come around, right now he felt he was not in his good books.

Breaking Ed out of his thoughts Stella placed a handle on his shoulder and guided him into Lucy's room.

"Sam takes some getting use to so give it time. Am sure you saw his phone number in the  binder I gave you yesterday?"

"Ah yes I did"

" Good"

"Today as I promised last night I will explain what your duties entails first lets get Lucy up"

Reaching into the crib standing in front of them, Stella picked up the sleeping child and with gentle pats on her back the child was wide awake in no time .

"She just turned one. Her walking is not very well grounded yet, the doctor said she was smaller than most her age but I think she is perfect , she's probably not going to take after her dad in height".  Stella stated with a hit of motherly pride in her voice. Turn to Ed she smiled and handed him the child who by this time seem to be observing her surrounding and the new but familiar face in her room.