Eighteen

Troye was working on a Wednesday afternoon, a smile still on his face. It had been there ever since he went to make up with Connor last Thursday. Since then, they'd talked every day, sometimes for hours.

He looked up when the door bell jingled and let out a little squeak, causing Caspar to look over too.

"Oh god." Caspar mumbled, only just having time to move out of the way before Troye rushed past and threw himself at Connor, hugging the green-eyed man tightly.

"I missed you." He whispered, feeling Connor laughing quietly before he tilted Troye's head to kiss him.

"I missed you too." Connor promised. "When does your shift end?"

"Ten minutes. You have perfect timing." 

"Great. We're going for a drive when you're done." 

"A drive? Where?"

"That's a surprise. You'll just have to wait and see." Connor smiled and tapped Troye's nose with his finger. "Now stop slacking off and get back to work. You've got a customer who could really use a coffee."

"Coming right up." Troye told him, laughing as he went back to his spot behind the counter and turning on the coffee machine.

"So now that you two are a thing, does that mean you're going to go all soppy on me every time he comes in?" Caspar asked. Troye shoved him and shook his head.

"You forget we haven't seen each other in a week. And before that, it was three months. Can you blame us for wanting to be around each other?"

"No. But I can beg you to at least keep the PDA to a minimum. There are children in this cafe."

"Don't worry. I won't do anything to embarrass you." Caspar just laughed and handed over the nearly finished coffee.

"Where's your usual picture on top?" Troye asked with a frown.

"I figured you could put a heart on it or something. You know, for your boyfriend, whom you love so very much."

"Stop teasing." Troye whined but grabbed the things he needed to put a heart on the top of the coffee anyway. Normally, Caspar would just put a fern leaf on the top of the froth, since that was the easiest and least time consuming picture that didn't look like he was trying to flirt. When Troye was satisfied with the heart, he carried it over to where Connor had made himself comfortable in a table by the window. "Here."

"Aww. You put a heart on it. Cute." Connor grinned as Troye blushed a little. "Give me another kiss?"

"Always." Troye leaned down to peck his lips gently before going back to finish his shift. He was kind of glad he was finishing before the local schools let out, which meant he would miss the after-school rush that everyone hated. He clocked off and went back over to Connor, leaning over the back of the chair to kiss his cheek. "I'm all yours."

"I'm glad. Let's go." Connor stood up and took his hand, leading him out the front door.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming today?"

"I wanted to surprise you." As they walked, Connor draped an arm around Troye's shoulders. Among the many things they'd talked about since Troye's visit to London, was what they would do in public. Connor had still been wary of showing off Troye to the media but Troye had proclaimed that he didn't want to keep hiding. He didn't care what people said about him. He wanted everyone to know that Connor was his. That he was Connor's.

"That's sweet. I love surprises." Troye told him, trying to snuggle closer.

"I'll remember that." They approached Connor's car and this time, Troye climbed in without any hesitation.