21| time

"Alright," Rick stated the next morning, rolling out the map on the hood of one of the cars. The most able-bodied of the group were circled around the map, dressed and ready for the day. "Everyone's gettin' new search grids today."

Spencer, however, was struggling to get ready so she could go out with the rest of them. No one had woken her up for the morning's meeting and that was why she was running late. After she and Daryl had arrived back at the farm late last night, Spencer was sent straight to Hershel, who checked over her wounds and concluded that she didn't have a concussion after all.

After that, the group expressed their relief at seeing her and Daryl safe. The two explained what had happened―leaving out the mind-altering kiss―and how they had gotten back. They also told the group that the pharmacy had hardly been touched and that they would need to go back again soon so they could retrieve more supplies.

Afterwards, Spencer was ushered to her tent and told to get some rest―which she did. She figured that no one had woken her up because they wanted her to rest some more, but she was ready for anything. She just basically wanted something to do, to keep her mind off of Daryl.

"If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl found, she might've gone further east than we've been so far," Spencer heard Rick tell the others as she struggled to pull on her combat boots.

She shoved her foot into the boot and hurriedly tied it up before pushing out of her tent and making her way to the others. She reached them at the same time as Jimmy, Beth's boyfriend, did. Spencer came up between T-Dog and Rick while Jimmy situated himself between Rick and Andrea.

"I'd like to help," He told the group.

Spencer glanced over at the people circling the front end of the car and her eyes coasted over Oliver. He was standing to the farthest left. When her eyes landed on him, it was like he could sense it and he looked at her. Still not willing to talk to him, Spencer quickly averted her eyes, this time landing on Daryl as he put on a dirtied flannel shirt. He didn't notice her eyes on him because he was focused on what Jimmy was saying.

Spencer frowned a little to herself before focusing back on Jimmy and Rick.

"I know the area pretty well and stuff," The young kid was saying.

"Hershel's okay with this?" Rick questioned skeptically.

"Yeah...yeah," Jimmy responded, looking a little guilty. Spencer squinted her eyes at the kid and realized that he wasn't being entirely honest. "He said I should ask you."

"Alright then," Rick said with a nod, accepting the help without so much as a blink. "Thanks." Rick attempted to address the group again before Shane spoke up.

"Nothing about what Daryl found screams Sophia to me." Spencer refused to look up at Shane, instead she kept her eyes glued to the map. "Anyone could've been holed up in that farmhouse."

"Anybody includes her, right?" Andrea pipped up. Spencer found herself nodding in agreement with the blonde.

"Well, whoever slept in that cupboard was no bigger than yay-high," Daryl said, holding his hand out in the air a little above his waist, indicating the size of whomever was in that pantry. He had just finished buttoning up the flannel when Spencer turned to look at him. He still didn't look over at her.

"It's a good lead," Andrea stated.

"It's the only lead," Spencer mumbled to herself as Rick talked over her.

"Maybe we'll pick up her trail again."

"No maybe about it," Daryl said, scratching his nose as he began to point at the map. "I'm gonna borrow a horse, head up this ridge right here, take a bird's-eye view of the whole grid. If she's up there, I'll spot her."