Chapter 2

////ARA + AMARILLA ARE CANON LESBIANS BTW////

Darkness consumed her, the pain nonexistent. Even the flutter of water against her skin disappeared. All of the familiar senses became absent- even the measure of time. It could have been less than a thousandth of a second or possibly a millennium for all Amarilla knew. Each thought seemed muddled and confused, except for the dominating fact that she was surely, most definitely lost...somewhere.

Then things came into focus. Herself floating, sprawled out in the inky black water. Bloated and blue she was, in each puffy hand was a cluster of disintegrated leaves fluttering faintly from the deathly grip. The nightgown inflated and turned up, showing the tightly woven shorts beneath, sticking to her legs. A mixture of white-laced bubbles and thick blood drifted noiselessly from her pinched lips, dissolving into her hair that curled over her head. The claws released the body's foot, scarlet blood still staining the water, contrasting on the translucent skin. Amarilla followed the sight into the depths of the abyss, trailing into the black waters.

Then she seemed to wake up, immediately forgetting the sight- the memory to never be retrieved again..

All at once, in a wild rush of surprise and a regaining of the previously restricted senses, Amarilla burst out of the water, a flash of sensations. The brightness was stunning, nearly blinding while the world was made of a hazy white. Amarilla felt the land tip sideways as a hand clawed at her right wrist, leaving deep gashes while also pulling her to where she hoped was safety. She hardly felt that air rush back into her lungs once again,

The glare of brightness contrasting so starkly from the darkness that has consumed her what seemed such a short time ago, it all started to fade. She realized that she lay on a cushion of saturated moss, exactly the same as the banks of the tiny pond. Eyes widening, Amarilla sat up in her soaked nightdress and peered around, leaning heavily on the unscathed left hand, right palm twisted with blood, the sickly sweet stench of iron and mud assaulting her senses.

How could she have fallen out of the pond, she had seemed to have surfaced at the bottom because when she moved her hand a strange sensation of being pulled like a magnet upwards, using muscles she didn't know she has to assist the movement of rolling over. The air was heavy although she also didn't seem to be breathing at all, her lungs unnecessarily filling with the stuff.

" Oh my, just as ugly as I had thought." Muttered something behind her, "I hoped that it was simply that water- warp affecting the complexion."

Flipping around in fear, letting a slight yelp fly from her lips in surprise. On the shore of the gently lapping water was a tiny being, cross legged and barely clothed. It appeared to be a female, elegantly proportioned though only around four feet tall, skin transparent and blue with cold. Nested on her head was a pile of near- white hair as soft as corn silk though scruffy beyond compare, white lashes studded her eyelids like frost around silvery irises. The sight was not clear though, the girl flickering in and out for milliseconds at a time, as she was a hyper speed strobe- light. Temples beginning to throb at the sight, she blinked. Partly to clear away the oncoming headache and partly out of pure astonishment. This thing was.....stunningly beautiful.

Aghast and utterly stunned by everything around her, Amarilla was unable to form a comprehensible response to this creature. She was sure that her lips hung open and eyelids drawing back like retarded beast in the streets that had no control over their emotions. And yet now, it didn't matter. What mattered now was the being- like thing in front of her. The fact that she had meant to drown. There was a world at the bottom of the pond. Simpering, the thing sitting there, studying her with pursed lips spoke again. "Stop staring, you're the strange one here..." the voice was strangely soprano and yet alluring, very similar to- "yes of course, who else could I be, I'm your personal reflection." She bit her lower lips, suppressing a giggle, "that what you call me anyway. I call myself a Deilda. Lovely name isn't it?"