Crush

I was inspired by a song called pretty crushed by Michael Carreon. I like his songs.

---

Nearly every day, a beautiful brunette comes into the café I work at with her blonde friend. I never spoken to either one of them, but something about the brunette with the brown eyes draws me in. Almost like a moth to a light. I have this insane crush on her that I can't explain. I don't even know her name and that's the crazy part. She only ever gets called honey by her blonde friend. Well that's all I ever hear her get called.

I see her walk it, her beautiful brown locks bounce with each step that she takes. I hear her laugh at something her friend said, and the butterflies make an uproar in my stomach. What is she doing to me? Why can't I find the courage to talk to her?

I've worked here for almost a year that I have been in college. I needed some money while I'm in college.

I should just say hi, wave, do something. Come on, Lucas, anything. I can't keep stealing glances at her. I'm pretty sure it looks creepy, but she is just so beautiful.

"Yo, Luke!" I hear my best friend, Zay, shout that snaps me back to reality.

"Hey. It's nice of you to finally grace us with your presence. You're late."

"Well you see, I had a late night last night. I met this girl-" I zone out while Zay is telling me about his night. My attention is solely on the brown eyed girl. "Hey man, it isn't nice to ignore someone." Zay snaps at me.

"Sorry," I say with a hint of sarcasm in my voice. "Just get to work." I turn my back to Zay and starts wiping down the counters.

I go around Topanga's wiping down the tables. I get closer and closer to where the two girls are sitting. I know I shouldn't, but my curiosity gets the best of me. I listen in on the brunette and blonde's conversation.

"So, you and Charlie?" I hear the blonde say to the brunette. She has a boyfriend? She only ever comes in here with the blonde.

"We are just friends. Nothing more," the brunette says.

Maya scruffs, "I say you give the poor guy a chance." No, no she shouldn't. I need to stop being a pansy and talk to her. Ask her out.

"Maya," so I know the blonde girl's name, "I'm not going to do that. I don't feel anything for him. Plus, there is someone." Of course there is someone. She is gorgeous. I bet she's an amazing person. Anyone that is this beautiful on the outside, has to have a personality that matches.

"Oh yeah the mystery guy. Who is it? You're so secretive about him."

"I don't know much about him." I should have made a move when I had a chance. If I ever did have a chance.

"C'mon Riles, you don't have to lie." Riles? Is that a nickname or is that her real name?

"Can we help you?" The blonde asks. Shit I must have been staring.

"Oh no. I was wondering if y'all were done, so I can clean up?" I think on my toes.

"Y'all? You some cowboy or something?" The blonde teases.

"Maya! Sorry, she kind of has no filter. It's okay I can clean up this mess." Her voice makes my heart flutter.

"Honey, let Huckleberry do his job. Your mom hired him for a reason."

"M-m-mom?" I stutter out.

"Yeah. Topanga is this little plant's mom," Maya says pointing to the brunette. I don't say anything. How did I not know this? The owner of the café I work at is the beautiful brunette's mom.