1 - Photo

"Hey, Gammy!" I screamed while looking for a better way to get up ot of my bed.

"What is it, A?"

Ugh! There she goes again with my nickname! I hate it when she says it. Not A as aaaa but as eeyyy. I don't know why, but it annoys me.

"I told you to wake me up! And you didn't. And now I'll be late on the first day at school. You know how desperate I am to maintain my grades."

"Seriously, A? It's the first day. Surely, there will be no activities, etc."

"Well, what if there is."

"Can you stop on being so overreactive? Just get your ass down here and eat your breakfast. You can also be late on the first day of school, miss."

"Okay, okay. I'm just gonna get my things ready for school."

So, boring days are going to start again. I am not really a nerdy person, actually, I just pretend that I am an angel girl at my school to prevent Gammy from having a heart attack when she finds out that I have low grades. Turns out, I always find a way to blackmail the head of a school. And with the beginning journey of college life, it is again, my problem, on how to find a way to scare off the president of the school, whatsoever.

My Gammy always looked up on me. She said that I was like her when she was at ny age. When I heard her say it, I was touched. I always wanted to hear that from another people. My parents. I never knew about them. Gammy never told any stories about them. I bring up the topic and, BOOM, she changes it. It's like she always finds a way to hide the missing piece of me.

So, I thought that, why would I even bother to know someone who doesn't even exist, right? I will just love her, and I will appreciate all the things she did for me on my 18 years of existence. After all, maybe she is the piece my parents left behind so that I won't be incomplete anymore. And because of that, I will motivate myself on achieving my dreams for me and for her.

And that's a little corny.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"...so next one to introduce herself in front is Ms. Ana Reese."

"Hello everybody. My name is Ana Reese. I live at my Gammy's house at Greenville Subdivision. Unlike you, I never knew my parents. I mean, of course, we all never knew them. But me, I never knew any single information about them and I.....I....am actually thankful because I know that when there will come a time that I will know about them, I will be sad. And when I am sad, they'll be sad, too. Am I right?"

"That's sad. Let's give her a round of applause for not crying. HA HA"

What the fudge. Seriously? What kind of professor is he. I mean I don't even know him because I am late. But for not crying. I tried my best to not be so corny. I suck at giving impromptu speeches in front of other people.

When I was about to seat, someone took over my seat and I have to find another. Seriously, this university sucks! I wish I and Gammy are rich.

“Ana, may I ask why your not in uniform today? You know how strict this university is in maintaining the discipline of our students.”

Yup. You heard him. I'm actually wearing ripped jeans right now and a blue tshirt with a “fuck off” phrase printed in it. And yes, I'm that kind of gal.

“My milk accidentally stumbled on my uniform.”

“Really, Ana? Can't you come up with a more realistic reason? Anyways, make sure you clean it and wear it tomorrow.”

“No prob.”

After that class, I went to our canteen to stuff my aching stomach. The canteen can be found at the south side of the school. The main building is located at the center of the entire campus. The main building consists of 5 floors. All in it. This university only has few students so it doesn't need much.