Chapter 19

The remaining two days of the trip went smoothly. Jase was more than professional. He spoke only when needed and treated me like we were mere acquaintances.

I was a bit perturbed but the thought of getting to see Braden in a few hours, got me very excited.

For some reason, Braden didnt reply to any of my messages and neither did he send any of his convocation photos.

My intuition kept on telling me that it had to do something with Jase. But I couldnt see why would Jase do something to spoil my life when I clearly told him my feelings that night.

I arrived at the airport expecting Braden but Alex,my second brother, was waiting for me.

"Hey Ally!" He smiled at me and grabbed the luggage from me.

"Wheres Braden?" I asked him.

Alex looked at me and said "lets get some coffee, you look tired.".

"Alex, where is Braden? Im getting worried. He hasnt contacted me for the past 3 days. And you are talking about coffee." I raised my voice at him.

"Ally, you will get your answers soon." Was he said before getting into the car.

Something was not right.

The ride back home was silent.

"Why am I here?" I took my handbag as I jumped out of the car looking at my parents' house.

"Just come in." Alex said dragging my luggage into our house.

I entered my house to see Mr and Mrs Swayer seated in the living room with an unhappy Braden.

My parents were seated opposite them and Millie walked out of the kitchen with Jerome. Both seemed to be in some serious discussion but stopped it once they saw me.

"Guys.. whats happening?" I asked placing my shoes into the shoe rack.

"Have a seat, Alicia. We need to speak." Mr Swayer told me with a firm stance.

I took my seat on the empty single couch. I looked at Jerome and Alex, who were just watching me closely.

"No. I will speak. But before that hear this,Alicia." Braden said staring into my eyes. Such an intensity, it could burn a paper into ashes.

"Jase.. I really had no choice. I couldnt disappoint my family."

"I am just wondering if you ever loved me in the first place,Alicia..."

"JASE..! Just dont suspect the love I had on you. Dont belittle it. It was true, sincere,genuine. I loved you."

The recording from Braden's phone played.

My eyes widened in shock. The exact words I had said to Jase 3 days ago. Jase... he had betrayed my trust.

"What do you have to say about this? You left someone before marrying me.  Well,lets say the past belongs to the past. But you never thought of telling me, did you?" Braden stood up raising his voice. His voiced echoed throughout my house.

"You betrayed someone whom you loved. Now, you are saying you love me. Just a couple of days before you leave me for someone else right?" Braden harangued.

"BRADEN!" Jerome was the first to speak.

"Mind your words." He warned Braden.
But Braden didnt bother.

"I dont think Alicia did it on purpose. Im sure she never thought of hiding it from you." Millie defended me.

"What are you waiting for? Just tell him." Alex said, coming to stand beside my seat.

I looked at Braden and I knew he was fuming with anger.

"Braden, I never meant to hide it from you. Jase belongs in my past. I loved him a lot. But that doesnt mean I dont love you or I will leave you. It was the circumstances that day that made me leave Jase." I walked towards Braden.

But he stopped me.

"I need a divorce." He said,looking straight into my eyes .

An audible gasp was heard from everyone.

"Alicia loves you,Braden." Millie was already ready to cry.

"But she cheated on Jason. I knew how much he suffered. Now, I feel guilty for stealing away his lover from him. He was a friend even before he was my business partner. I cant face him anymore after knowing this truth AND I CANT LIVE WITH A WOMAN WHO DARED TO LEAVE THE MAN SHE LOVED" Braden walked closer to me now, "because I dont know when you will leave me for someone else or some circumstance,like you mentioned." He spat out like a snake spitting out its venom.

Fatal. His words were fatal.

I was barely alive after hearing them. Words refused to come out of my mouth. Tears rushed out of my eyes.

"Braden, mind your words. Thats not how you treat your wife." Mrs Swayer chided him.

"She made a mistake but you didnt understand her point of view. Stop blaming her. The fault is ours. As your parents we forced you two to get married. You should punish us first,Braden." Mrs Swayer sobbed.

My mum was in tears and she was just looking lost.

"I wont approve of a divorce." My dad said amist the tense air.

Braden looked shocked but before he could rebut his dad spoke.

"Neither will I. Alicia loves you. She may have hidden her past love but she hasnt cheated on you. She wouldnt have. I know that girl. Dont be  a jerk. I didnt raise you like that." He said trying to knock some sense i to Braden but anger was intruding his brain's operation.

"Dont divorce her,Braden. Please. I beg of you." My mum pleaded him as Millie supported my poor mum.

"Mrs Carson,please dont guilt trip me." Braden spoke.

"Braden!" His dad gave him a warning  as he sense Braden was to say something caustic about me.

"JUST STOP. STOP ALL YOUR PLEADINGS. JUST STOP IT."I screamed silencing the entire house.

"I cant live with Braden anymore. Not when he thinks so low of me. So regardless of a divorce or not, Im not going anywhere with this man. Here get this wedding ring and get out of here." I took out my wedding ring and forcefully gave it to Braden before running up to my room, crying continuously.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

YAY TO EARLY UPDATE AND SOME DRAMA.
How was this chapter, all you sugar cubes??
Comment!!! Im waiting to hear your thoughts and feelings.

What should Ally do next? Hit Jase till he has a terrible concussion ?

P.s. Do remember to vote😆