Chapter 2: Anytime

"Sharena Perry, archaeologist, it's my pleasure, Mister Joestar."

---------------------------

"Sharena? Sounds exotic," Joseph chuckled, "Also, Mister Joestar sounds way too formal, stick to Joseph or something. Most people shorten it to Jojo,"

"Maybe if we go anywhere past acquaintances I'll think about calling you by that silly nickname." She gave him a smirk. He gave her a slight glare and stomped his foot.

"It isn't silly! It's a Joestar tradition!"

"Tradition you say? How would that be?" her voice took on a genuinely curiosity.

"If you can tell me where I can quench my thirst, and perhaps keep me company for an hour or two, I might tell you." His slight flirting mixed with his British accent caused the blonde to look away in embarrassment, never before had anyone been so straightforward with her. However, she quickly brushed it off as him being not only a foreigner from England, but also as being nice to her as he had previously suggested making up for his transgression. She truly was in a different time period where people would make up for simply yelling at them after being bumped into on the street. She was foolish for thinking he was flirting with her in anyway when being polite was simply how folks were during this time. Returning her gaze back to the bulky Brit, she stared up at him for just a moment. 'He is so large, I would hate to get on his bad side.' She thought, cringing at the reminder of the pain of simply running into him.

"Sharena." His deep voice brought her attention back to him.

"Ah yes, sorry, Joseph, you see my arrival here in New York City has me rather in a tizzy so my attention span has run thin." She admitted, though inside she knew that was only half a truth.

"Aw wait? You aren't from New York? And I thought I had a free local guide." He teased

"I am! Uh, I mean I am, yes, but I haven't been here recently, so I don't recognize much." She prayed he wouldn't ask any questions past that, not realizing that Joseph was smarter than most and though he was not sure of what was going on with her, he knew something was amiss.

Wisely, he chose not to comment on it, as long as she wasn't a threat to him or those he cared for, he had no need to know whatever secrets she held. Besides, he had other things to worry about at the moment, like why the old man had yet to arrive in New York despite his sudden demand that he and Granny Erina come to the United States to meet him. From the corner of his eyes he observed his companion, she looked just as out of shape as he felt.

With a sigh he grabbed the blonde's tender arm, lightly yanking her forward with him. He cringed as he felt her wince in his grasp, her body was much more delicate than he had first imagined, making him feel a sense of remorse for knocking into her and scolding her when he had most likely -and unintentionally- hurt her then as well. His grandmother would have his ass if he just went on his way, he could tell her it was an accident, but she would blame him for not paying attention, he would cheer this woman up if it was the last thing he did.

"J-Joseph where are we going?!" she yelped, nearly tripping over her feet as he tugged her along.

"I need something to drink," he quickly replied while adjusting his hat with his free hand.

The hulking male hauled his companion through the crowds, blatantly pushing through people with hardly any care for how his actions were affecting others. The much shorter female felt like she needed to say something about his behavior, but instead just let him do as he pleased, there was no way to get her hand back now that his warm and gargantuan palm encased hers so tightly as they maneuvered. After what seemed to be forever, but was really less than ten minutes, the brunette stopped abruptly.  The unexpected stop nearly caused Sharena to fall on her face, had it not been for two strong arms grabbing her tight and keeping her on her feet, she most certainly would have.