The Cast List

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I woke up to the annoying sound of the alarm clock. Oh, well. At least that's better than waking up with cold water dripping down your back.

I stretched my body until I heard the satisfying crack. I was never a morning person.

I quickly get ready and put on a comfortable pair of pants and a clean shirt since I didn't really care how I looked as long as I was presentable. After brushing my hair, I headed downstairs for breakfast.

When I reached the kitchen, I was suprised to find Marcus sitting there, eating cereal. Uh-oh. That's never a good sign. Marcus always comes to my house and eats comfort food whenever he's troubled about something.

I approach Marcus and give him a comforting hug that made me feel all warm and tingly inside.

"Are you okay, Marc?"

He doesn't respond. He seemed to be lost in thought. Wow. Whatever he's thinking about must be serious.

"Marc?" I snapped my fingers in front of his face to get his attention.

"Huh?" He looked up from his bowl of cereal. "Hey, Monnie. Sorry for stealing your cereal."

"It's fine, Marc. You know you're always welcome here." I smiled at him. "Now, what's wrong?"

"I broke up with Tina last night.."

I frowned at this. "I'm guessing she didn't take it well?"

"Oh no. She was fine with it. She even said that she felt the same way. It was a mutual break up."

"Then why are you so upset?" I asked.

"I'm not upset. I'm just thinking about... Stuff."

"Penny for your thoughts?"

"It's complicated, Monnie. I'll tell you when I'm ready because I'm a bit confused right now. But when I do tell you, I hope it doesn't ruin our friendship."

I was curious now. What secret did Marcus have? It had to be big if he thought it could ruin our friendship.. I shrugged it off. He said he would tell me when he was ready. I can respect that. So, for now I just ate my breakfast.

We walked to school in silence since he seemed to be deep in thought and Anna was absent today. When we arrived at school, he went straight to his locker without another word.

I frowned. I don't like seeing Marcus that way. He's usually so lively and energetic.

"Turn that frown upside down, Monabon. You look like a dying fish."

"Your comment is unnecessary, Brandon." I said, rolling my eyes.

"What's got you in such a frown-y mood?" He inquired.

"Nothing that concerns you. Now if you excuse me, I've got to get to class." I said, pushing past him to head to Math. Oh how I hate math.

The day passed quickly and soon I found myself seated next to Brandon in the auditorium, awaiting for the cast list to be released.

"Good afternoon, class!" Ms. Rodriguez said as she entered the room. "I heard the cast list is going to be out today."

"Yes, ma'am they are." Bianca said while she approached the teacher.

"Go ahead and announce them, dear."

Bianca beamed at everyone. "Okay. Let's start with the female roles. Beatrice will be played by Monica Cartwright. Patricia will be played by....."

I kind of tuned out after that. I got the part! I actually got the part! I felt ecstatic!

I tuned back in just in time to hear who plays Javier.