Chapter Four

Sorry for the late update. i've just had some writers block and i know its short back its something so enjoy.

this chapter is dedicated to thedispirit for all the votes. its good to know someone really likes this story. :D

-LetMeBeMe oxo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day went by pretty quick. I start to walk home and all I can think about is that guy. It’s all I’ve been able to think about really. I can’t believe I didn’t realize he was asking me out. How stupid can I get! I guess it was good in a way, I mean it would’ve never worked anyway. He’d realize soon enough that he needs someone in his league, not below.

I reach into my bag in search my iPod finding it in one of the side pockets. Putting the earphones in my ears I turn on my iPod, pick a song and try to zone everything out. Lullaby by Nickelback starts playing.

Well I know the feeling / of finding yourself stuck out on the ledge /  and there ain’t no healing/ from cutting yourself with the jagged edge / I’m telling you that / it’s never that bad /  take it from someone who’s been where you’re at / laid out on the floor / and you’re not sure you can take this anymore.

So just give it one more try to a lullaby / And turn this up on the radio / If you can hear me now / I'm reaching out / To let you know that you're not alone / And if you can't tell / I'm scared as hell / 'Cause I can't get you on the telephone / So just close your eyes / Oh, honey here comes a lullaby / Your very own lullaby.

I drown out all my thoughts throughout the rest of the song. The next song I hear is If I Die Young by The Band Perry. 

If I die young, bury me in satin / Lay me down on a, bed of roses / Sink me in the river, at dawn / Send me away with the words of a love song, uh oh, uh oh.

Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother / She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colour / oh well, Life ain't always what you think it ought to be no /  Ain't even grey, but she buries her baby.

The sharp knife of a short life / well, I've had just enough time. If I die young, bury me in satin /  Lay me down on a bed of roses / Sink me in the river at dawn, Send me away with the words of a love song.

The rest of the walk home I kept drowning out my thoughts to the music.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Mum, dad I’m going for a run.” I shout as I’m putting on my pink and black Nike’s. I go into the bathroom and get a hair band from the drawer to put my hair up. As I put my hair into a ponytail I do a quick evaluation in the mirror. I was wearing black ¾ tights, a black triaction crop top with my pink and black Nike’s. All in all I don’t look too bad. I grab my iPod off my bed and head for the door. I put my armband on and select my ‘running beat’ playlist on my iPod and put the iPod in the armband. I close the door behind me and start running. 

I’ve been running for about 3km now and I was tired. I stopped at a street light and rest my head against it. I breathe in and out trying to get it back to normal. I hadn’t really noticed where I ran to but as I look up I see I run into town. My breathing was back to normal now so I was about to start running home but I heard someone yell something. I look in the direction of the person yelling and see the person I least expected, the guy from today.

“Hey!” he calls while jogging across the road to meet me. Totally dumbfounded I just stood there staring at him and take out my headphones. I wanted to say something but I couldn’t. I was just so surprised, never thought I’d see him again. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised though I mean he probably lives here or something.

“I didn’t think I’d see you again today.” He said as he looks over his shoulder at something. I look in the same direction and see two guys starring at us. I guess they’re his friends. 

“Well I didn’t mean to stop your run. I just wanted to get your name, you never told me,” he spoke.

“You never asked.” I said as a smile forms on my face.

“Well I’m asking now.” He said looking into my eyes.

“Alilla Haze.”

“Bryson”

 I’ve never met a Bryson before but I definitely like this one.

“So Alilla, do you want a drink? You look like you could use one.” He said running his hand through his hair.

 “Ah, I don’t know my parents will be expecting me home soon,” I said. I really wish I could stay though. I added in my thoughts.

“Another time then,” He said. I could hear the disappointment in his voice and I hated it but I really need to get home.

“Yeah, I better get going but I’ll see you around?” I said as more of a question.

“I hope so,.” He said before turning and walking back to his friends. I watched as I put my headphones back in. I was about to start running again but I saw Bryson turn around. 

“You know seeing someone twice in one day is pretty lucky. If the future is anything like today then we will definitely being seeing more of each other,” he said smiling then he turned and walked away with his friends.

I finally start to run home again. I love the feel of the wind as I run. Its times like these that I feel unstoppable. I keep thinking about what Bryson said, his voice rang out in my head:

‘You know seeing someone twice in one day is pretty lucky. If the future is anything like today then we will definitely being seeing more of each other.’ 

I couldn’t get the words out of my head as I was running home. What if he was right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teaser: Is what Bryson's saying true? Will they see alot of each other in the future if luck is on their side?