Empty streets~KimCinda

The oneshot for CreativitysValley (who changed their user and i barely noticed before i posted this) that was due like a year ago oops

I like Kinda better as a ship name but eh

*Lucy's POV*

"Ivan, please, calm down!" I cry, as my boyfriend throws one of my empty potion jars across the room.

"Calm down? You cheat on me, and then tell me to calm down?! You are mine, not his!" He shouts, his blood red eyes locking on me. They were the most terrifying thing when he was angry.

"Ivan, I told you, Travis is my friend, I'm teaching him magic!"I say, and I can hear the desperation in my voice.

"I'm no idiot, Lucinda. I saw the way he looked at you! Why was he looking at you like that? I'll beat that scrawny brat!"

"Don't even think about hurting him! He looks at everyone like that!" I cross my arms.

"You know what, I'm sick of your excuses. I'm sick of you avoiding me. And I'm sick of your lies! Get out." Ivan says, straightening his posture and turning up his nose.

"W-what? Babe, please, I-" I'm cut off with a slap to the face. I whimper slightly and touch my reddening cheek.

"Get the hell out of my house! I don't care where you go, just go!" He grabs the neck of my jacket and drags me to the front door, shoving me to it.

"My... my stuff.." I whisper lamely, my voice falling flat, losing any power I had put behind them.

Ivan groans, and my stuff is flying by me,my purse thrown to my chest and an already packed bag filled with my clothes and potion-making stuff landing on the front yard. I take a breath and hold my hand out. My staff rematerializes in my hand, the wood in my palm already making me feel a little stronger.

"Goodbye, Lucy." Ivan says before promptly shoving me out the door and slamming it.

I stumble backwards, almost falling down the porch steps. With a weak huff, I straighten my dress and hair bow.
And now to figure out where I'm gonna stay. Taking out my phone, I scroll through my contacts.

Aphmau, of course! I'm sure Aph and Katelyn would let me crash on their couch if I explained my situation. I take a few steps from the door into the yard as I dial her number. As it rings, I nudge my bag with my toe. It must be enchanted or something if it held ALL my stuff.

Click.

"Hello? Lucinda?" Aphmau's clear voice makes me smile.

"Aphmau! Thank Irene, you picked up. Look, hun, I hate to ask you this, but... I need a tiiiiiny favor."

"Oh no." I hear Katelyn from the other end.

"Oh, hush," I laugh a bit. "You see, I've hit a bit of a... bump in my living situation. Could I... stay with you two? Just for a little bit, until I find a new place?" I ask timidly.

There's a pause and I hold my breath. "Of course! Anytime, Lucinda." Aphmau says, extremely cheerily.

"I'll beat Ivan's puny --"
"KATELYN."

I laugh. "You two are so cute. And thank you SO much. You have no idea how much I needed this."

"Anytime, Lucinda. Uh... when are you coming over?" Aph says, a bit skeptically.

"Uuhhm.. right now?" I chuckle nervously.

Aph hums on the other end for a moment. "Well, me and Katelyn are out right now, but you know where we keep the spare key, right?"