Rhapsodic (I Miss My Mother)

A poem by Marissa Gonzales. Revised by Chocolate Thunder, himself.

These emotions you feel, won't last forever

You may be mad now, but soon it will get better

I'm angry at the world for taking what I had

The two I love most, my mom and dad

My mom loved my dad, but my dad loved another

Then all of a sudden, they started hating each other

I take a look at my mom, you know what I see?

I see a wonderful woman who was taken from me

I take a look at my day, you know what I see?

A man who misses my mom, but says it wasn't meant to be.

Mom, ever since you and dad split up, life feels different. It's not normal, it's unreal. I fucking miss my old life, my family was my everything. I hate the thought of us never being a family again. It would never be the same. I dont feel like a kid anymore. I feel different. I wish I was a better kid. I just want us to be a family again. I know for sure that we would never have that. That word, never, kills me everytime I think about what we used to be. Why does it have to be this way, Mom? You've changed for the worst. You're not the same mother that I remember. You turned to drugs and sex to ease the pain and I hate to say that about my own mother, but you could've made better choices. I want this family to together again. Fuck. Why is my family so broken and fucked up?! Now I'm fucked up. I really miss my mom. The mother who would care when I did something wrong. The mother that would listen to my stupid teenage problems. You used to wake us up, so we wouldn't be late to school. The mother that made sure we made sure we stayed at school. Sometimes, we used to drink coffee together. You were the best mom ever in my eyes. You made mistakes, but thats just what humans do. We made mistakes as well and we learned from them. God, I really miss us being the crappy family we were.