I know you want me

I KNOW YOU WANT ME

I don't claim to know a lot about ghosts. I'm like you, all I know is what I learned from my limited personal experience and from reading these ghost stories. Ghosts are confused, I think. Lost. That's why they bang and knock and try their best to get your attention. You'll do that, someday. One day you'll be alive and well, and the next... no one sees you or pays attention to you.

That's why reading the stories in this app is helpful. We'll all be there eventually, and this gives us an idea what to expect when WE'RE dead.

I was up late last night reading these ghost stories. You already know that they make you jumpy after you've been reading them awhile. Driving down the road you almost expect to see Bloody Mary in your rearview mirror or something.

So while I was lying in bed, lights off, reading stories on my iPhone, my attention was drawn to this shape in the corner of my room. It was dark in the room, and I told myself how creepy if that shape turned out to be some old lady or something.

I ignored it mostly, going back to my reading, but looking up from time to time. And then I realized it WAS a person.

And then the horror of it hit me. My hair stood on end and I instantly felt goosebumps all over. I didn't want to die. And that's all I could think of, that this thing was going to kill me.

It didn't move for the longest time. I didn't either. Our eyes were locked across that room while my heart pounded. Until we both jumped across the room at the same time. I raced for the door and it did too, trying to block me off, I was sure.

I didn't know if it could physically stop me from leaving. But it apparently thought it could, and I wasn't waiting around to find out. I just knew from seeing out of the corner of my eye that it was heading for me as I raced across the floor.

As I yanked the door open, the door hit me in the face as I went by. There was no time to notice the pain or the stars that I saw. I was running for my life.

As I got out of the room, I heard the most horrendous, hideous scream I've ever heard on TV or anywhere else. It was angry and frustrated and yes, even afraid, all at once. The scream said it all.

I don't know why I was able to get out my bedroom door, because I sure couldn't get out the front door of my house. It refused to budge. I curled up on the downstairs couch, hiding my head under my arms, and listened to screaming and crashing upstairs for the longest time.

At some point it died down. I don't remember when, because despite my fear I somehow fell asleep. When I woke up, it was about 4:00 a.m. All was quiet. I wasn't going to go back upstairs though. No way. I spent the rest of the night on the couch.

I knew from reading other people's stories that crashing noises don't usually result in them finding stuff broken. And that's how it was the next morning. I climbed the stairs most slowly, ready to fling myself back down them, but there was nothing. No broken furniture or mirrors, no sign of the ghost from the night before.

So is it safe that I keep living in this house? If a ghost is just a dead person, like I think it is, what did it want with me? Did it only want to communicate with me and so didn't want me to leave? Or is it insane from the confusion of being dead and really wanted to kill me? My scientific mind wants to know. There's only one way to do that.

I'm staying in the house again tonight. If I'm alive tomorrow, I'll update this story and tell you. Right now it is 1:00 a.m. on January 2, 2010. Watch for tomorrow's update. I'll email the Admin and ask that it be posted at the bottom of this story. I'll occupy my time for awhile reading more ghost stories... Oh, and if I don't update this, send someone to check on me. I live at xxx E. Yerby, Marshall, MO. Send help.

[From the Admin: we followed up on this when we didn't receive an email. We asked the local police to check on his wellbeing. We understand they found no one home and were trying to locate any relatives to see if they knew where he/she went. Though we originally published the address as part of this story, we have since X'd out the street number for his/her privacy and that of the family.]