Chapter Thirteen

"Sasha?!!" he had panic in his voice.

"Bathroom! Upstairs!" Sasha replied.

He found her upstairs tending to her wounds.

Her bodysuit was hanging off her waist. Her bra was soaking up a lot of blood. She had washed the wound with alcohol. She stared at him staring at her.

"Nick, come here. Help me put this gauze on."

Nick clumsily pushed down on the wound.

She bit her lip, wincing at the sharp pain.

"Sorry Sasha. This is not how I usually make girls bite their lips."

She glared at him.

"Sorry force of habit," he replied.

'Stupid Nick, this is not the time nor place. If you want her to like you, stop being an idiot.' He cursed himself internally.

"Where is the phone?" she asked.

"Oh here it is."

She called the agency.

"Hey, clean up on my location. I am hurt. Bring medic… External.. no order.. My own.. yup full responsibility."

She hung up and closed her eyes.

"Everything alright there?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, just I am going to be brought in for enquiry because this is a non job kill. You might not want to be here. You wouldn’t want to be involved. I'll cover for you. So go."

"I am not leaving you alone Sasha." He said with full conviction even Sasha knew there was no point arguing.

Agent Foster came.

"You again?" he asked as he saw Nick next to me.

"Uh yeah hi."

"Can you wait outside while I have a word with Ms Hunter?"

Nick left us.

I explained to Agent Foster what happened and why it happened while the medics tended to my shoulder.

"Okay then Sasha. You really shouldn’t have let your boyfriend tag along, you just gave me a week's worth of paperwork to fill for bringing a civilian.. I am just glad that you are safe." He said as he rummaged her hair.

Nick drove her home.

She took some painkillers and went to sleep.

She woke up a few hours later. Nick was next to her. Snoring.

She was wearing a tank top and a pair of shorts. He must have changed her while she was knocked out.

She looked at him. He looked tired. He did just kill someone.

She struggled to get up. This woke Nick up.

"Sorry I woke you."

"No, it is okay. How's your shoulder?"

"Well, feels like it got shot."

"Sorry for undressing you. The medics said to keep you in loose clothing which means no bodysuit."

"It's okay…" there was a long pause. "Thanks Nick."

"Why?"

"For everything. You saved my life. And I was actually the one assigned to keep you safe. Not the other way around."

"I love you Sasha." He blurted.

"What?" Sasha questioned.

"Uhh nothing."